The Gree are back for the next two weeks, and it seems they brought the inaugural Life Day event with them!
Red has captured photographic evidence of the existence of the very hard-to-find beastie from Taris, the Rakghoul Overlord:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Ryan Keogh (RSKeogh)!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 2.5b was deployed mid last week to fix the issue that had been introduced for some of those utilising AMD (ATI) video cards.
- Game Update 2.5.1 was deployed during maintenance on Tuesday morning.
- There was a somewhat obscure issue that means that if you have access to the Gunship (i.e., were subscribed before 20 November) but did not play Galactic Starfighter prior to the deployment of 2.5.1 on Tuesday, you will not earn Ship Requisition for that Gunship. This issue was subsequently resolved in patch 2.5.1a, deployed on Thursday morning.
- The next batch of Cartel Packs will be here soon in Cartel Market Shipment Four; in preparation for this, its new reputation, Interplanetary Component Exchange (ICE), is shown in the reputation panel, but cannot yet be advanced.
- Chris Schmidt, a Designer working on Galactic Starfighter, offered some clarifications on how missiles lock on, including how to break a lock, and assured us that lag shouldn’t affect the lock-on logic.
- The Life Day items that reappeared on the Cartel Market will not come back next year. This is your last chance to get them for Cartel Coins!
- For the next two weeks (ending 1 January 2014), two live events are active: the Gree are back in the Relics of the Gree Event, and we get to throw lots and lots of snowballs in the new Life Day Event. According to Imperial Edict GR-1NC4, the Empire is not pleased with Life Day. We recommend Dulfy’s excellent Life Day guide.
- It was clarified why the Gree currency is bound to a player, rather than legacy-wide or tradeable.
Kal sent us the following screenshot of the Ootini Templars operations team just “camping out in Dread Palace”:
We have developed the Crew Calculator to help players choose the optimal crew for each of their Galactic Starfighters!
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @TheMalgadar, @jeffyjaws (Jeff Brennan), @JRO_Mosqueito (Mosq), @BillLentz, @GregCarter78, @TheTurg, @O_JohnnyBravo_O, @Strongshocker, @joseph_foran, @Talionbot, @foehammer75 (Les), @rondowar (Rondo), @DaveO_NewWaveO, @PedroLopezJr and @JediKal, and emails and comments from Tegryn Bloodrunner, 01MAN, AmonRe, thetrippster, Tarkko/Praefecti and Dekarch.
For beginners wanting to learn more about PvP, there are old episodes of our show which focus on the mechanics of the various warzones, including episode 43 (Chong’s first appearance), episode 56 (PvP after Game Update 1.5) and episode 57 (mechanics of Ancient Hypergate). The New Player’s Guide to PvP on the official forums is also well worth reading.
Here is Mosq’s bizarre neo-3D experience:
Our guildmate and fellow raider Bill proves his financial mastery with the accumulation of over 100,000,000 credits:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.