More details emerge about what’s coming in Game Update 2.9 with both guild flagships and planetary conquests being added to the PTS. In our discussion, Bill returns with plenty of advice on preparing to make a fortune in credits once 2.9 is live.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, AmonRe (Commander of the Thirteenth Legion on The Ebon Hawk server)! Thanks to Chinn’ook, Brian, Caligari, Mariarchi and Socordia for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The PTS has been updated to add guild flagships and planetary conquests. Jack Woods and Eric Musco appeared on a livestream to talk through how it all works.
- Dulfy has compiled a guide with deck plans for both the Imperial and Republic flagships, and how much each room costs to unlock.
- While Ranked PvP Season 2 rewards have yet to be announced, they have been mailed to players on the PTS. Dulfy has summarised what each tier appears to contain.
- The Rakghoul Resurgence event is once again live, this time on Tatootine. See this guide for all the details.
- BioWare have published Lana Beniko’s Journal on Darth Arkous, providing some bridging backstory between chapters 1 and 2 of the Forged Alliances story arc, leading into the “Depths of Manaan” tactical flashpoint.
- The next Community Cantina will be next Friday (15 August) in Cologne, Germany in conjunction with GamesCom.
Old Republic Radio is returning very soon! Please follow @oldrepradio on Twitter to find out more.
Congratulations to Gabbeey, who won Dracko’s lottery. His initiative raised 7.9 million credits towards our guild flagship. Thanks to all who participated!
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Kevin Striker, @NepthenORD, Mariarchi, K’hor Darg, Hru, Christopher, @Tonyoct90, @hadrian9, @O_JohnnyBravo_O and @OlibGaming.
Here are the aliens that Hru encountered in the casino on Nar Shaddaa (click to see the full-sized image):
6. Sarlacc Digest
With Game Update 2.9 nearly here, it’s definitely time to be preparing to capitalise on the huge additions to crafting that it brings. Returning guest Bill Lentz, whose financial genius would put the most successful Hutt to shame, is back to let us know all about it. He also has some thoughts on the value (or lack thereof) of legacy storage.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!