Topics this week include Game Update 2.10 being deployed onto the PTS and the Ranked PvP Season 2 rewards.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Manciferous! Thanks to Daekar, Hru, Mariachi, Carnz and Socordia for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The following infographic shows how to add pets and companions (and apparently other personal decorations that can’t be donated via the guild bank, such as Flashpoint and Operation achievement rewards) to the guild’s decoration collection.
- Following up from last week’s show, Bill has created an investing guide for making credits when Galactic Stronghold goes live next week on 19 August.
- Game Update 2.10, which is planned to be deployed on 9 September (three weeks after Game Update 2.9) was added to the PTS late this week.
- Game Update 2.10 includes a number of class changes, especially for Sages and Sorcerers, as elaborated on by David Demaree (Class Designer). BioWare is requesting that players post their combat parses in this thread after testing the changes on the PTS.
- In conjunction with Gamescom this week, BioWare released a new trailer for Galactic Strongholds (also on YouTube).
- At Gamescom it was revealed that BioWare Austin is working on a completely new game called Shadow Realms, which will attempt to replicate the tabletop RPG experience online.
- The rewards for Ranked PvP Season 2 have been announced. Longtime friend of the show Laurie M (@Lawilc01) created this image in response:
- In response to the reactions expressed on the official forums, BioWare explained that the Ranked PvP rewards were designed to be unique, and associated with Galactic Strongholds due to them coinciding with its release along with the end of season 2. They were responding to the players’ desire not to have reskins of existing mounts or armor. In subsequent seasons, they will continue to monitor the thread started early in Season 2 that asked for reward suggestions, with Seasons 3, 4 and 5 already being planned based on player ideas. They also recognise that Ranked PvP is not in a good place right now, and that steps are being taken to address the known issues.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Sabo, GasGuy, Chong (@EmpireDivider), Socordia, Greg (@GregCarter78), @Scotthomas and @Jayconnell.
Here is GasGuy’s serendipitous moment where he reached Legacy Level 50 at the same time he got to level 55 on his first Jedi Knight:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!