On the show this week we cover the news, including the free character transfers from the closing APAC servers and the impending release of Game Update 2.2: Operation Nightmare. Redna then talks offensive stats (crit and surge).
Redna made good use of Melodie’s Codex Maps to help him on his way to earning the Explorer title.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Rub!
- In Game Update 2.1.1, the Collector’s Edition vendor dyes were unintentionally changed to be bind-on-pickup. This will be reversed in Game Update 2.2.
- Game Update 2.2 has a name: Operation Nightmare!
- The change to everyone’s crowd-control breaker that was to be introduced in Game Update 2.2 has been withdrawn, due to community concern about the possible consequences.
- If a player takes items without permission from your guild bank, BioWare will not restore those items unless that player’s account had been compromised.
- Free one-time transfers for each character on the APAC (Asia-Pacific) servers, to any server (not just west coast US) were made available on Tuesday 4 June. Paid character transfers remain on track for Game Update 2.2.
- We now have some information about paid character transfers.
- Eric Musco has kept to his commitment to open and honest communication with the community with a post about the present and future of PvP, with Bruce McLean chiming in to drop some more hints about what’s coming in Game Update 2.4. Musco then elaborated on the limitations to what they can pass on.
- Relic procs are apparently working as intended.
- Cartel Packs in Shipment 1 are going away, but it sounds like not necessarily forever.
If you are looking for some serious Star Wars roleplaying, we recommend Clan Epsis, a Mandalorian bounty hunter guild on the Jung Ma server (RP-PvP, US east coast).
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @madmar_sith (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @JediKrackr, @ForceChuckle, @Mal_Kizdek (Shammar), @Freakin_Ninja (Oni), @ChazLobo, @grimrok (Grim) and @joseph_foran, @Justin_the_Nerd (of Clan Epsis), @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong) and @thehatfield (Hatfield), emails from Neiro, Travis, Oxi-jin and Knightmare, and a comment from Green Armadillo (author of the Player vs Developer blog).
@ChazLobo provided the following for our entertainment:
For those who are after a particular name which has been taken, you’ve got the option of using ALT codes. See ALT Codes for Foreign Language letters with Accents for all you’ll need. To use the codes (and this works anywhere on Windows, not just in-game), hold down the [Alt] key and type out the number (e.g., 0224 for à) on your keyboard’s numberpad.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio Paragon.