Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On the show this week we cover the news, including the free character transfers from the closing APAC servers and the impending release of Game Update 2.2: Operation Nightmare. Redna then talks offensive stats (crit and surge).
Redna made good use of Melodie’s Codex Maps to help him on his way to earning the Explorer title.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Rub!
- In Game Update 2.1.1, the Collector’s Edition vendor dyes were unintentionally changed to be bind-on-pickup. This will be reversed in Game Update 2.2.
- Game Update 2.2 has a name: Operation Nightmare!
- The change to everyone’s crowd-control breaker that was to be introduced in Game Update 2.2 has been withdrawn, due to community concern about the possible consequences.
- If a player takes items without permission from your guild bank, BioWare will not restore those items unless that player’s account had been compromised.
- Free one-time transfers for each character on the APAC (Asia-Pacific) servers, to any server (not just west coast US) were made available on Tuesday 4 June. Paid character transfers remain on track for Game Update 2.2.
- We now have some information about paid character transfers.
- Eric Musco has kept to his commitment to open and honest communication with the community with a post about the present and future of PvP, with Bruce McLean chiming in to drop some more hints about what’s coming in Game Update 2.4. Musco then elaborated on the limitations to what they can pass on.
- Relic procs are apparently working as intended.
- Cartel Packs in Shipment 1 are going away, but it sounds like not necessarily forever.
Kuze has completed his instructional video on platforming, one of the many great guides in Kuze’s Korner.
If you are looking for some serious Star Wars roleplaying, we recommend Clan Epsis, a Mandalorian bounty hunter guild on the Jung Ma server (RP-PvP, US east coast).
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (email@example.com).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @madmar_sith (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @JediKrackr, @ForceChuckle, @Mal_Kizdek (Shammar), @Freakin_Ninja (Oni), @ChazLobo, @grimrok (Grim) and @joseph_foran, @Justin_the_Nerd (of Clan Epsis), @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong) and @thehatfield (Hatfield), emails from Neiro, Travis, Oxi-jin and Knightmare, and a comment from Green Armadillo (author of the Player vs Developer blog).
@ChazLobo provided the following for our entertainment:
For those who are after a particular name which has been taken, you’ve got the option of using ALT codes. See ALT Codes for Foreign Language letters with Accents for all you’ll need. To use the codes (and this works anywhere on Windows, not just in-game), hold down the [Alt] key and type out the number (e.g., 0224 for à) on your keyboard’s numberpad.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Thanks to Redna (@R3DN4) and Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio Paragon.
What website did he use for the explorer tittle?
An excellent question, as I’d left it out of the show notes (now updated).
Thanks for pointing out my omission!
Thanks, great site.
Thinking about the “GM bug” from that Huttball match… I swear I’ve seen a big heal from “GM” at the end of most matches.
Really enjoyed today’s podcast guys. The stuff/work you guys (friends and all) to try out these stats and see how things work cost credits and I think it’s fantastic. I can’t wait for the next episode.
I’m wondering if you spend a moment next episode talking about the skill we see on our character sheets and what to highlight and look at when you say Surge 400 for example. I want to be sure I’m looking at the same stats you are. I think its just rating…
got my healing Sorc to crit rating 482, surge to 432, alacrity to 295, power 504. I have some augments to do yet… should I be looking at power or alac instead of wp?
wp to 2873
Also depends on the buffed Force percentage Critical Chance, rather than the raw number. Given how much crit rating it now takes to get anywhere, switching to Power sooner makes sense. On my healing Sage, I’ve preferred Power over Crit (when I have a choice) for wearables, and gone with straight Resolve (Willpower) augments.
It would take a simulation (or extended field trials) to determine which choice is best. So it’s probably simpler to just go with the flow in terms of gear, and remember that main stat is always good, at least for the next tier or two of gear. 🙂
I want to see how Red tries to explain alacrity on tanking gear.
Me too, particularly on a Guardian!