We discuss the latest news, including Game Updates 2.1.1 and 2.2, and what’s coming in the Summer of SWTOR. In our discussion, Redna provides an update on the usefulness of gearing for Power since 2.0 was released.
Chong created a video of Ham versus Mosq in a 1v1 match from the first Ham’s Back-alley Brawl.
2. Tip of the Week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, our guildmate Dunedai!
- Game Update 2.2.1, which was going to be deployed on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday due to the Memorial Day long weekend) was delayed, but was deployed a day later on Thursday.
- Bruce Maclean (Senior Producer) gave us an unprecedented look ahead at what’s coming down the pike, in what he calls the summer of SWTOR. While there won’t be any PvP content until Game Update 2.4, he confirms that what he’s hinting at is more than just a new warzone. He also gave some insight as to why there’s been a dearth of PvP content recently.
- Game Update 2.2 is on the PTS (patch notes). Alex Modny gave an in-depth explanation about why stunbreakers will now reset on death, which was a simple yet effective change that wouldn’t affect PvE.
- While it’s not in the patch notes, the plan remains that Game Update 2.2 will include paid character transfers.
- Damion Schubert let us know there are some cases where the Dye Modules cannot work, such as the glowing (“emissives”) lights on Gree armor.
- He also gave some insight into how upgrading the game engine was going, and that there is no longer any patching between their engine and the official Hero Engine. Damion also provided some advice on what to do if you’re after roleplaying in SWTOR.
- Amber Green let us know the difference between a bug report and other types of help requests.
- The weekly mission for Scum and Villainy is unintentionally giving different rewards for each faction.
- Courtney Woods published the current plan for the Community Cantina Tour locations and rough times.
We recommend taking a look at the revamped SWTOR sub-Reddit.
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @madmar_sith (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @YojeVawree, @Tordenelgen (Lucas), @GregCarter78, @terencemyers, @AHlaenxna (Vis), @JediKrackr, @Rrubb and @Jayconnell, emails from Rendrin and Quaza IMpsbane, and a comment from David.
You can see Madmar’s raid group (Team Maul in The Circle guild on The Red Eclipse server) complete the final encounter in hard mode Scum and Villainy in this YouTube video.
Rub provides the following for your amusement:
6. Sarlacc Digest
Thanks to Redna (@R3DN4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio 4 Gamers.