We discuss the initial information about Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy, which is now on the PTS for everyone to try!
2. Trivia Question
There are lots of reused items in game, as there are in any MMO. For example, on nearly every fence near a military base or even factory you will find bright yellow signs that say, in Aurebesh, “KEEP OUT.” Also common are Wanted posters, with that word and a credit symbol.
But the most common words I think you will see in-game are the words in Aurebesh for “VIABLE SAMPLE.” So the question is: where will you see them? Hint: you will find this phrase on every planet in the game, excepting the starter planets, and never in a spaceport or cantina.
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for a Tauntaun Fawn code, please send your answer to email@example.com.
3. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.7.0a and Patch 1.7.0b were deployed this week, intending to fix the cooldown for the new Priority Transport: Personal Starship. However, it was not to be; the global Legacy unlocks to reduce the cooldown from 24 hours to 1 hour have been disabled for now.
- Game Update 2.0: “Scum and Villainy” is now live on the PTS. This appears to be conceptually separate from the expansion, which contains the story content on Makeb. Its patch notes were posted on the forums (part 1, part 2).
- The weapons from the Relics of the Gree world event are Bind-to-Legacy, though the components which are needed to purchases the weapons are Bind-on-Pickup. The intention is that players without multiple alts are not disadvantaged in terms of acquiring the weapons.
- While companions can’t currently wear Gree armour, this will be fixed in a subsequent update.
- BioWare have acknowledged that equipment repair costs are too high with the change introduced in Game Update 1.7, and as of the next maintenance the costs will be reduced. As an apology for the inconvenience, all repairs will be 50% of that reduced cost until early access to the expansion commences.
- Rob Hinkle explained the proposed changes to Expertise, bolstering and PvP itemisation that are coming in Game Update 2.0.
4. Community News
Chill has written an article that documents PvE and PvP 2- and 4-piece set bonuses for all classes.
Also, a reminder to have a look at Ryan (a.k.a. Grav)’s article “PUG”, which was published last week.
5. Force Feedback
Our sincere thanks to @HamSammich509 for his generous donation!
We discuss tweets from @TheTurg, @mark00z, @DarthSolarion, @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong), @ChazLobo, @JediKrackr, @ForceChuckle, @masterbearjedi (Raz), @Ryan_B1313, @bytorsnowdog, @rbleamon (Ray Leamon), @AspisVodox, @DanCremer, @Darklighter159, @banyo1984 (Benjamin Becker), @HamSammich509 and @GregCarter78.
Redna also invites players on The Bastion to /cjoin cpunks and/or to friend his characters Numa and Rysto.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio Paragon.