Chill, Teo and Hyp go over what little news there is, before diving into the main topic: how to gear up at level 50 in the brave new world of Game Update 1.3, along with some tips on using the Group Finder. We also provide some etiquette recommendations for responsible grouping.
2. Question to the panel
3. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.3.3 was deployed during Tuesday’s regular maintenance.
- Rich Vogel leaves BioWare ahead of a second round of layoffs. EA BioWare subsequently released a statement about the layoffs.
- EA’s CEO, John Riccitiello, says that they’re looking into “different models to bring more users into [SWTOR]”, though he didn’t actually say it’s going free-to-play.
- BioWare confirms that no characters will be lost (i.e., deleted) when the automatic transfers from origin to destination servers happens “later this summer”.
- BioWare was at San Diego Comic-Con, though the information revealed was fairly light. The one big reveal was the trailer for HK-51! The trailer can also be seen on YouTube.
4. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @ForceChuckle, @Dimbo56, @IRBountyHunter, @weihanthekidsun (Weihan Sun), and @D_Willoughby (DeWayne Willoughby).
- @YojeVawree (Yoje Vawree) retweeted @psynister’s reference to the following that appeared on Reddit:
5. Sarlacc Digest
We start with a summary of how to gear up a new level 50. The following two guides from the ever-productive Dulfy provide more specific details:
Finally, we give our personal tips on group etiquette, particularly as it pertains to SWTOR.
Thanks to Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.