This week, Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp to go over the latest news. We also respond to listener feedback, discussing possible extensions to the space game, and whether we really need add-ons after all.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
This week’s challenge: There are three rock-solid canonical lightsaber colors from the original trilogy: blue and green for good guys, red for bad guys. But let’s break this down: Luke Skywalker originally had a blue lightsaber, which was his father’s. Then his father cut off his hand. Not a good day for Luke; he lost his hand, his lightsaber, and his dreams that his father was merely dead and not the second worst person in the galaxy, all literally at a single stroke. It’s worth noting that his mentor Obi-Wan also had a blue lightsaber. So the question is: why, in Return of the Jedi, does Luke have a green lightsaber?
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for a Tauntaun Fawn code, please send your answer to email@example.com.
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.3.2 was deployed during an extended (6 hour) maintenance on Tuesday.
- The unlimited (up to level 15) SWTOR free trial has begun!
- It was revealed that the Kurtob Alliance Speeder, a picture of which was revealed on Facebook last week, is the account-wide mount that is the reward for referring someone to SWTOR who subsequently buys the game and subscribes.
- It would appear that server mergers are coming “later this summer”. It was explained in a blog post (Character Transfer, Server Populations, and You (Part II)) that all servers that were designated as origins (such as our own former home, Space Slug) are now locked to new players, and sometime this summer any toons remaining on those servers will be automatically transferred to their associated destination server. After that, presumably the origin servers will be shut down.
- For every character on the destination servers (those who transferred there or natives), BioWare is giving each character a Gannifar mini-pet and 25 Black Hole Commendations. So get those characters slots filled to take full advantage of the largess!
- In an interview with GamesIndustry International, James Ohlen gives some insight into the game’s early development, including its use of the NWN (Neverwinter Nights) toolkit for initial prototyping. He also mentions the “megaserver” tech that is on its way.
- We go over some questions from the latest Community Q&A: July 6th, 2012.
5. Force Feedback
- @ForceChuckle referred us to the article EVE Evolved: Four things MMOs can learn from EVE from Massively; a couple of things there that could improve SWTOR.
- Thanks to Belthallusii of The Sith Dynasty guild on the Nightmare Lands server, and to our guildmate Mags, for their most generous donations!
- Belthallusii wrote in with some speculation about the upcoming expansion of SWTOR’s space game, which gave us the opportunity to once again discuss just what they could be dreaming of.
- Bill D commented that it’d be better to provide better in-game visualisation of aggro levels and fight mechanics, rather than opening the field for add-on developers to provide their own solutions.
- Saj commented about the Group Finder issue where you need to click the [Update Roles] button for a change in your role to take effect.
Thanks to Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.