In this week’s episode, we go over what’s been added in Game Update 1.3, giving our impression of the changes. The panel includes Agi, Hyp and Oni, as well as your hosts Chill and Teo.
2. Question to the panel
Teo used this guide to help maximise the affection gain with Qyzen when running the Esseles on his Jedi Sage.
3. Trivia question
This week’s challenge: How was Star Wars used in real life by certain official members of Britain to thumb their nose at a foreign emissary they didn’t like?
HINT: The Imperial March figures very strongly in the answer.
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for a Tauntaun Fawn code, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The Holofeed
- The three European RP-PvP servers (English, French and German) have been granted free character transfers to the single PvP destination server of the same language. BioWare explained this was what they deemed to be the best compromise, choosing a destination that offered the same (PvP) rule set, even without the RP designation.
- Game Update 1.3 (release notes) was announced last Friday, and deployed during Tuesday’s regular maintenance. While scheduled for the normal 4 hours, the servers were actually down for closer to 8 hours.
- James Ohlen (SWTOR’s game director) penned a Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies post.
- Damion Schubert provided A Guide to Group Finder a couple of weeks ago, prior to Game Update 1.3’s release. We are now very much enjoying it! SWTOR developer Antonia Phillips gave some more detail about the Group Finder, including letting us know that sometime in the future we will be shuttled back to our starting point upon completion. At the moment, when you’re done, you leave the instance normally.
- David Hunt (System Designer) authored Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3, giving an overview of the final state of the itemisation changes, as well as going into detail about adding augment slots.
- William Wallace (Senior Game Designer) wrote Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3, explaining about the per-character legacy perks that have been introduced. A useful summary of what’s available is provided by the endlessly productive Dulfy in her post Patch 1.3 Legacy Character Perks.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @lesman72 (Les of the Saltedslug legacy), @voyak, @sterlinglee38 (Sterling), @Rippthedeceiver (Ripp), @tshapedvisor, @Dimbo56 (Dimbo) and @ForceChuckle.
- Thanks to @voyak for adding us to the Dead Men Walking gaming community’s list of unofficial SWTOR podcasts. He also provided the solution to the issue Chill encountered where copying his 8th character.
- If you’re interested in some Trooper SWTOR-based fan fiction, check out Dimbo’s blog, Dimbo the Trooper.
- We very much appreciate the generous donation from @ForceChuckle. Thank you, mate!
- Doc Ropata raised the excellent issue of being unable to easily identify the numbering of mods, and the somewhat odd numbering scheme.
- Grim emailed in with his impression of free-to-play in LOTRO, giving some more insight into how it could be implemented in SWTOR.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.