Lots of news this week, including more details about the new Quesh Huttball Pit warzone, the Q&A from the Community Cantina in Atlanta, and the Super Secret Housing Project teaser trailer. In our discussion, Bill is back to provide yet more credit-making advice.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Socordia!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.6.1a was deployed during maintenance on Tuesday.
- Bounty Contract Week is back for another week, and will conclude on Tuesday 18 March at 2am PDT. It overlaps with the double XP weekend that will run from Friday 14 (11am PDT, 6pm GMT, Saturday 5am AEDT) through to Monday 17 March (midnight PDT, 7am GMT, 6pm AEDT).
- If you are subscribed on Saint Patrick’s Day (Monday 17 March), you will receive the Lucky-77 Swoop for all your characters. It was showcased in a recently released trailer.
- The Q&A from the Community Cantina in Atlanta was made available on YouTube.
- The SWTOR Insider video for March 2014, featuring Cory Butler (Producer) and Andrew Horwitz (Associate Producer) discusses what’s coming up in Game Update 2.7. This included a mention of the Quesh Huttball Pit warzone, which now also has its own developer blog written by Alex Modny, who subsequently indicated that the concern about “snipers on the pipe” controlling the middle area is recognised and encouraged. Rob Hinkle also commented on how often the new warzone would pop once it was deployed.
- BioWare have released a new teaser trailer for what they’re calling the SSHP, presumably the “Super Secret Housing Project”. Larry Everett (who authored the now defunct Hyperspace Beacon column on Massively, which he now runs on his own site) has done a detailed breakdown of the trailer.
- The first set of answers in the resumed Class Representative initiative have been posted for Sith Marauders and Jedi Sentinels.
- The web-based Leaderboards have not been updating for a week, but are now fixed.
Tim (GasGuy) has updated his Codex Tracking List, a spreadsheet which can be downloaded from the right-hand sidebar on our site, or directly from here.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @grimrok, @JediKrackr, @Heather_PLS, Shammar (of the Old Republic Dads guild on The Shadowlands), Lachlann Lindsay, @TheMalgadar, @Taldune, @dulfycleric, @Adam_Schumpert, Chong (@EmpireDivider), Jacob (@deltiasgaming), Nathaniel Starr, Graham “Awesome” Sellars, Soulibon and @Enyonix.
Dulfy has published the following image and video showing the Rancor mount, a Tier 1 reward for Ranked PvP Season 1. It’s being modelled by our friend Ben (@giant_gina).
Artist extraordinaire Adam Schumpert eerily foreshadowed the player housing teaser trailer:
Chong provided the following visual demonstration of how many targets are affected by the Kolto Residue left on the ground by a Commando’s Kolto Bomb:
6. Sarlacc Digest
Bill is back with more credit-making advice. This time he covers how to get the most out of dailies, and then answers some listener questions.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher.