Lots of news this week, including yet more class changes in Game Update 2.7 and some clarifications related to Ranked PvP Season 1′s reward system. Then returning guest Bill has yet more advice on enhancing your credit balance.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Adam Schumpert! Adam has previously created some wonderful art for us, such as our Ootini Knights guild logo:
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.6.1 was deployed during the usual maintenance time on Tuesday morning.
- The Class Representative Initiative is now active once more, with the schedule for the submission of each Advanced Class representative’s top three questions announced.
- To receive any Ranked PvP Season 1 tier-based rewards, you must have played at least 10 Ranked arena matches. Note that it is your highest rating achieved, not your current rating, that counts when determining which tier you will be placed in.
- Our speculation about the uniqueness of the Rancor mount being received by Tier 1 players at the end of Ranked PvP Season 1 has been resolved with confirmation that Rancor mounts (with differing appearances) will indeed be available elsewhere in future, starting with a very rare Cyborg Rancor from Nightmare Mode Dread Palace, and then more “basic” models to be found in other parts of the game (including Cartel Market packs).
- The Bolster exploit utilising lower-level blue mods that Jacob described in the last episode has been identified as a bug that BioWare will be fixing. It seems this will be resolved for Game Update 2.7 where there will be a new set of PvP gear.
- Teo would like to see Bolster at level 55 significantly simplified, as he describes in this forum post.
- Game Update 2.7’s appearance on the PTS has been delayed from the originally announced Monday 24 February. No ETA is currently available.
- From Game Update 2.7, Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode will no longer share the same lockout.
- More class changes (subsequently adding changes for the Commando and Mercenary) for Game Update 2.7 have been announced, in addition to those already released.
PvP specialist Jacob has created another guide, this one about how to gear for Ranked arenas.
Much fun was had by all who attended the Ootini meet-up in Las Vegas on the weekend! You can find Heather has authored a most complete summary of the event in her blog post “Hanging out with OotiniCast in Las Vegas”.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @PadmeAm, @Rrubb, @ben_b55, Tarkko/Praefecti, @darksplat, @O_JohnnyBravo_O, @badfeelingpdcst, Raz (@masterbearjedi), Terg (@TheTurg), @jeffyjaws, @GregCarter78, @Blackloch, Chaz Lobo (@Strongshocker), @RPGbeatsRL, James Jubb (@OrdooSkirata), Thomas Midena (@Thoroughmas) and Jacob (@deltiasgaming).
@jeffyjaws spotted what appears to be a Nostromo in the recently released Ender’s Game movie:
@Thoroughmas likes the look of gear with reflective surfaces:
6. Sarlacc Digest
Bill is back with more credit-making advice.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher.