In the news we cover December’s in-game events, server rollbacks, Jesse Sky’s departure from BioWare and some hope for those of us awaiting news of those missing MMO bits. Our guest Sir Salisbury then explains how BioWare can learn from the failure and subsequent rebirth of Final Fantasy XIV.
Sir Salisbury joins us this week for the first time. He raids with The Revas Colonial Alliance on the Republic side of Begeren Colony.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Carnz! Thanks to Blackloch and Atohiowas for entering.
Carnz included the following screenshots about the Crystal of Nightmare Fury item:
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- BioWare asks that forum goers be very careful with spoilers for The Force Awakens.
- There are events every week in December, though this week’s Rakghoul event is non-functional due to a bug.
- Rollbacks were encountered on The Harbinger, and later on Jedi Covenant. Early this week a restart of all servers was done to apparently remedy the root cause of the problem.
- The actions against those who made use of the item stack duplication exploit, and also players who “laundered” their ill-gotten gains, are continuing.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, Jesse Sky, formerly Creative Directory on SWTOR, has left BioWare.
- Eric Musco (Community Manager) has let us know that the MMO bits are not forgotten! A warzone is being constructed, with more news in February.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patron: Christopher!
5. Force Feedback
Hollow sent us in a couple of screenshots of that most bizarre of bugs, the C2-N2 butler customisation applied to Treek:
Kranitoko got five players from Jedi Covenant to dress as Power Rangers for a video. They are Niska, Haykeen, Heazax, Duhbz and Daneburt:
Our guest Jeremy presented this Christmas present from his guilds Ewokalypse Now and Warchild:
Easy Mercenary Innovative Ordnance/Commando Assault Specialist rotation (for Operations where there is a lot of movement, especially The Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice).
This rotation is not as complicated as Dulfy’s. With a mix of item rating 192 and 198 gear you can get above 4.3K DPS on a target dummy.
Build Up Stacks for
1. Build up stacks for Supercharged Gas/Supercharge Cell (SCG)/(SCC) (PreCast). Use on cooldown when EN (Electro Net) when available, otherwise when IM/IR is available. This will maximise the amount of burn time of all of your applied DoTs, and it always lowers your Heat/restores your Energy Cells.
2. Mag Shot (MS) / Mag Bolt (MB)
3. Serrated Shot (SS) / Serrated Bolt (SB). Should be instant from 2nd rotation onward
4. Thermal Detonator (TD) / Assault Plastique (AP)
5. Incendiary Missile (IM) / Incendiary Round (IR)
6. Electro Net (EN). 1st rotation only then off cooldown in this spot if possible
7. Rapid Shots (RS) / Hammer Shot (HS) (every even rotation: 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. Once or twice depending on Heat/Energy Cells)
8. When available: Thermal Sensor Override (TSO) / Reserve Powercell (RPC). Every odd rotation (start from 3rd rotation) – Unload (UL) / Full Auto (FA). This means that you will reduce more Heat (recoup more Energy Cells) in your rotation as UL / FA is a 2.5-3 second channel.
9. Mag Shot (MS) / Mag Bolt (MB)
10. Power Shot (PS) / Charged Bolts (CB)
11. Power Shot (PS) / Charged Bolts (CB) – This PS/CB will Proc Mag Shot/Mag Bolt
When target’s health is below 30%, instead of 10 and 11 use 12 and 13:
12. Missile Blast (MB) / Explosive Round (ER). This replaces ability 10.
13. Power Shot (PS) / Charged Bolts (CB)
Energy Cells/Heat management rough guide
1st – SCG/SCC, no TSO/RPC
2nd – TSO/RPC. no SCG/SCC
3rd – SCG/SCC, no TSO/RPC
4th – VH/RC, no SCG/SCC
5th – Start Again
If you find that you are pulling the boss at the start of the boss like I do :P, then well done! but seriously replace MS / MB with 1 SS / SB instead then MS / MB or get your tank to taunt off you that way he alot of threat when he does.
Vent Heat (VH) / Recharge Cell (RC) can be used roughly every 4th rotation or when required.
If you kill something and then need to help kill something else dont start again in the rotation unless your Heat/Energy Cells can take it. Just continue through your rotation depending on your situation.
The whole point of a AS / IO Commando/Mercenary is to keep triggering/refreshing your cell so if you find that you cant keep the cell alive then put in an extra RS / HS.
That is it. Enjoy!
6. Sarlacc Digest
Sir Salisbury shall tell us the story of another recent MMO that failed but was then born again, and how the successful lessons they learned could be applied to SWTOR.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!