In the news we cover the companion de-/un-nerf, the piles o’ corpses bug, and Patch 4.0.2a. We then discuss the issues raised by our guest Holly’s article on how we got to KotFE and the importance of growing the community.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Asukha! Thanks to the Duke of Etiquette, Oryansbelt, Zavi-java and Kal for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Following the nerf to companion healing and DPS in Game Update 4.0.2, BioWare requested feedback from the community on how it was working out in terms of difficulty in getting through the content. They took this feedback on board, and subsequently Michael Backus (Lead Designer) apologised for what they recognised was a misstep, and promised that all would be made right in Patch 4.0.2a.
- After Game Update 4.0.2 was deployed, an issue was discovered where corpses of NPCs were not despawning in some areas, apparently mainly in phased Heroic 2+ areas. As the number of corpses increased, the lag in that planetary zone instance got more severe. The servers were restarted on Monday to give temporary relief to the problem.
- Patch 4.0.2a was deployed on Tuesday morning that un-nerfed companions, but failed to fully resolve the corpse despawning issue; that was subsequently fixed in a server-side patch on Wednesday.
- There will be a “big announcement”, specifically for subscribers, in the December Producer Livestream happening on Tuesday 1 December at 3-3:30pm PST. Writers Charles Boyd and Drew Karpyshyn commented that what was being announced was crazy, fun and the world (and BioWare) may not be ready.
- As reported by XamXam, SWTOR has a new Lead Writer, Ian Ryan. Charles Boyd, who was formerly in that role, is now “Lead Designer – Creative” on SWTOR.
4. Force Feedback
Here’s the link to the guide for affection farming in The Black Talon provided in TheUnNamedHero’s tip from the last show.
BornToEatBacon provided us with the following dose of Star Wars humour:
As did DarkEdgeGaming:
5. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss the issues raised in Holly’s article Knights of the Fallen Empire and how we got here.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!