This week’s episode was recorded immediately following the SWTOR livestream. We cover what was revealed, and give our thoughts and reactions.
Here are the knitted Jawa and Bantha that Chill received from a family friend:
Below is Chill’s Twitter revelation of a mysterious package received from Australia…
So I got a package from Australia...
…it has something in it, some nameless fear from Down Under…and a card…
…AAAAAGH! The dreaded dropbear! Australia’s deadliest!
Who would dare put this on a mere postcard?
“Hello from Australia!” Meant to soften the horror of the dropbear, no doubt…
but what else is oozing forth?…
…the rage! It is eating at my very soul!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Kelly M! Thanks to Javadoggy, Cole and Knite for entering.
The following were included by Kelly M to help explain his tip:
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The Conquest rewards that failed to be delivered for the week before last will arrive in Game Update 3.3.2.
- The issue of randomly de-selected weapons and systems in GSF continues, and could affect any starfighter whenever the owning character logs in.
- The Zakuul Dropship Mount is now available on the Cartel Market for 1500 CC.
- Makeb’s Staged Weekly is being removed from both factions in Game Update 4.0. That means that six achievements (three for each faction, under the categories Citizens of Makeb and Makeb Imperial Forces respectively) will be removed from the game.
- Any third-party software used in conjunction with SWTOR is prohibited under their Rules of Conduct, included ReShade.
- The livestream that was held in lieu of the Community Cantina at PAX Prime was held on Wednesday 26 August, and featured Michael Backus, Ben Scott and Eric Musco. There was no mention of the crafting changes coming in Game Update 4.0 (more information on that in coming weeks), but there was plenty of information about companions. You can find summaries of the livestream at Dulfy and TORC.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patrons: @Ras_Rax, Mark S and Thune!
Our own Fyonha of the Jar Jar Joyride group in Ootini Knights is now streaming at Twitch on twitch.tv/Fyonha.
Most likely the final mention of Star Wars/SWTOR humour we’ll be providing may be found below.
CapsSlapshot27 got this from his boss:
JSarc’s son sent us this:
He also linked us to these cartoons.
Here are Leto/Myro’s jokes:
Q1. Why was Obi-Wan Kenobi able to perform sai tok on Darth Maul (i.e. slice Darth Maul in two)?
A1a. Darth Maul was a n00b and used the wrong defensive cooldown.
A1b. Force Shroud didn’t work against the attack.
Q2. Why was Darth Sidious able to 1-shot 3 Jedi Masters (Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto) in the Revenge of the Sith?
A2a. They forgot to change to their expertise gear.
A2b. There was an FPS drop, and they were caught in a cleave.
Q3. Why did so many Jedi fall in the arena in the Battle of Genonosis?
A3a. They forgot to learn Saber Reflect from the class trainer.
A3b. They were bads and pulled before the healers zoned in.
Q4. Why did Anakin Skywalker loose his hand to Count Dooku?
A4a. Dual Saber wielders (Sentinels) are squishy.
A4b. Guarded by the Force still cost health points.
Q5. Why was Mace Windu able to perform sai cha on Jango Fett (i.e. decapitate Jango Fett)?
A5a. Jango’s (PT) burst damage had just been nerfed.
A5b. Jango was LOSed from his healer.
Q6. Why did the Death Star get destroyed?
A6. There were more terribads playing GSF on the Imperial side
Q7. During their fight in the Great Convocation Chamber of the Senate, why was Darth Sidous able to knock Yoda off a repulsorpod/senate pod?
A7a. Yoda’s resolve bar had just reset.
A7b. There was a lag spike and Yoda’s Force Barrier didn’t activate.
Q8. Why did Darth Vader lose to Obi-Wan Kenobi when they battled on Mustafar?
A8a. Darth Vader wasn’t using Force Scream in his rotation (i.e. Vader is a nub who needs to learn to force scream).
A8b. Vader had just switched to the Empire and was less familiar with the Imperial proc and ability icons.
Kal sent us the most boring colouring book ever:
5. Force Feedback
Grez’ly of Begeren Colony came up with this meme for Knights of the Fallen Empire:
KeyboardNinja’s post that summarises the state of the Ebon Hawk server can be found here.
This Facebook video sent to us from Elion D shows probably the most awesome brazier ever:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!