In the news this week we focus on EA’s Shadow of Revan press event and the Knight/Marauder and Guardian/Juggernaut dev blogs and livestream. Then in our discussion, the topic is getting ready for Game Update 3.0, with early access starting next week!
Redna still needs your help in choosing his main for Game Update 3.0!
Teo’s sweet new ride, obtained at the end of Nightmare Explosive Conflict:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, For’tuona! Thanks to Ameel for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- It appears that SWTOR was caught in the crossfire when EA’s servers were DDoS’d on Sunday.
- The embargo on what was learned at the press event for Shadow of Revan that was held last week at EARS (EA’s Redwood Studios) was lifted on Monday.
- Note that the embargo on the press event is unrelated to the NDA on the Closed Testing of Game Update 3.0, which remains in place. Coverage of what occurred has been provided by Swtorista, Heather and Michael Moore (YouTube or Twitch). You can hear Swtorista and Heather talk about their experiences on a special episode of Corellian Run Radio, and listen to the Q&A via Soundcloud (provided by Michael Moore).
- Two new trailers, “Revan Returns” and “The Battle Against Revan”, were also released in conjunction with the press event.
- EA also featured Shadow of Revan as their Tuesday exclusive, linking to an article in which they dig into the expansion.
- Developer blogs were published for Sentinels/Marauders and Guardians/Juggernauts, and David Demaree and Eric Musco did their third livestream to cover this set of Advanced Classes.
- The titles for the three tiers of Ranked PvP Season 3 were announced, along with details about the color crystals, armor and weapons. The “furious” effects used on these rewards will not be reused in the future.
5. Force Feedback
Aaree wonders whether this new hairstyle coming in next week’s Pilgrim’s Shadow Pack could mean that Ootini cheerleaders are in our future?
Our old friend Ham Sammich appears to have defeated some Jawas in Star Wars Commander. Boo.
Greg found another pretty cool looking place on Makeb:
For’tuona has encountered the following each of the three times he’s levelled a Bounty Hunter, when visiting The Tyrant:
Chill recommends this Duel of the Fates Sing-Along.
6. Sarlacc Digest
We talk about getting ready for Game Update 3.0, with early access happening on 2 December, and its full release on 9 December.
Note that to do the class-specific mission that is an optional part of the Shadow of Revan storyline, the character must have completed up to Act 3 (when you get the associated Achievement) in their class story.
The conversion ratios of our current PvE commendations into Basic Commendations when Game Update 3.0 is released have been announced and incorporated into our conversion calculator. The cap of 1000 Basic Commendations will remain, but an overflow/soft cap of up to 2000 will be used as part of the conversion. Note that you will not be able to earn any further Basic Commendations in Game Update 3.0 until you are under the 1000 cap.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!