A quiet week, but we still find plenty to talk about, including Patch 2.10.2a, the rewards for Ranked PvP Season 3, and last week’s livestream discussing the combat changes coming in Game Update 3.0.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Vescent! Thanks to Topps, Sabo, T’chuk, Bara-dur and Mariachi for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 2.10.2a was deployed on Tuesday morning, followed shortly thereafter by the Architect’s Stronghold Pack being made available on the Cartel Market.
- The rewards for Ranked PvP Season 3, which will end with the deployment of Game Update 3.0 on 2 December, have been announced. Our Leaderboards page has been updated to show the three tiers for this season. Note that you will have to play at least 10 games to qualify for the default tier.
- Charles Boyd explained an apparent inconsistency in Shae Vizla’s behaviour as conveyed in his story Bedtime on Concordia.
- Rob Hinkle and Eric Musco participated in the combat changes in 3.0 livestream, which you can view as an archived Twitch video. For an alternative perspective to our own discussion, please see Dulfy’s detailed notes on the livestream. Eric later clarified that:
- Warzone Commendations and Ranked Warzone Commendations will not be downconverted with Game Update 3.0.
- There will be two sets of PvP armor as there are now, one set purchasable with Warzone Commendations, the other with Ranked Warzone Commendations.
- The Expertise cap remains the same (2018).
- Expertise will not be stripped from existing PvP gear.
- The schedule for the four livestreams about the Discipline changes coming to each class has been announced. They will be developer (not community) streams, most likely with Eric Musco and Dave Demaree. Two livestreams will be done from the Republic perspective, and two from the Empire’s. Each livestream will be up to two hours in length, and will be archived on Twitch for later viewing.
Thanks to Justin for his most generous donation! We will indeed have drinks in your honour, sir.
To help provide a little Cartel Pack purchasing money for the show, please shop at Amazon by going to ootinicast.com/amazon.
If you feel moved to give us a review on iTunes, which would help new listeners find our show, you can do so by following ootinicast.com/itunes.
To find out more about our Ootini Cantina, goto ootinicast.com/cantina.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Jay Connell, Mark Natress, Catalyst, Hru, Ray Leamon, Justin, @fnord3125, Christopher S, Terg, Lee (@Viperous87), Bearyman and Ben Jacobson.
While it is apparently possible to purchase the 14,500 Cartel Coin bundle on the official site and in-game for $US99, it isn’t working for Teo. Bearyman sent us the following showing how it should look from in-game:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!