We discuss the most welcome quality of life changes that arrived with Game Update 2.10.2, the Ranked PvP Season 3 rewards, and more. We also give our reaction to the announced date for the Las Vegas Community Cantina.
Redna will be participating as part of the Bad Feeling Podcast’s team in the Extra Life gaming marathon to raise money for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. You can support his efforts via his donation page. He’ll be livestreaming for the full 24 hours on his Twitch channel, twitch.tv/r3dn4.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Troja! Thanks to Yajard, Olib, DurtaDurta, Michael K and Carosel for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.10.2 was deployed a day later than usual on Wednesday morning, to ensure the 12x XP UI indicator was included.
- It included a new permission for Guildmasters to allow specific guild ranks to invade planets as part of Planetary Conquests.
- Republic and Imperial crates, both single crates and in stacks, can now be purchased.
- The much anticipated Slot Machine: Smuggler’s Gambit decoration can now be purchased for 1 credit each from the Binary Star Reputation Vendor located in each fleet’s Cartel Bazaar. Remember to use shift-click to purchase the maximum stack of 50! They will be removed from the vendor in Game Update 3.0 on 2 December.
- A “sneak peak” at the rewards for Ranked PvP Season 3 has been provided, which will include a Furious (Expertise) colour crystal. The current plan is for three tiers (as it was in Season 2), though that is subject to change. The tiers cutoffs have not yet been decided. Season 3, which began with Game Update 2.10, will end when the servers are brought down to deploy Game Update 3.0 on 2 December.
- There will be a new augmentation level in Game Update 3.0. This presumably includes augmentation kits and augments, most likely MK-10.
- The Shroud has issued a communique about the Order of Revan.
- The BioWare livestream in the last week of October will feature all of the combat changes coming in Game Update 3.0. Subsequent livestreams in November will go over the changes to all Advanced Classes with the introduction of Disciplines.
- The Las Vegas Community Cantina will be held on Saturday 15 November. This is a week later than originally forecast in a post on 19 February. Eric Musco (Community Manager) apologised for the late change, while reminding those who’d planned to attend on the original weekend that the dates had always been subject to change. In the future, no dates will be mentioned until it’s finalised for a given location, with the intention being that players will have 60 days beforehand to plan their trip. Heather has a blog post that summarises how many of those affected by this change felt.
5. Force Feedback
Moff Chong is recruiting!
Kal finds out the not-so-hard way that one can survive falling through the bridge at the end of Scum & Villainy:
Terg found the following chestpiece that appears quite different from when it’s previewed:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!