We discuss Patch 2.10.1c, the various answers flowing from the New York Community Cantina, and include many tips for making the most of 12x XP.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, JB! Thanks to Flox, Moff Chong, Darklighter, Spike and Carosel for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The official site was taken down on Tuesday morning so that free-to-play players could access Galactic Strongholds, which has officially launched.
- The Seneschal’s Stronghold Pack is now available. You can find Dulfy’s preview of its contents here. It is more expensive (300 CC vs 210 CC) than the previous Stronghold Packs, as the earlier packs in this shipment were discounted.
- Patch 2.10.1c was deployed on Wednesday morning to update the Launcher for Game Update 3.0 and to improve the performance of the BitRaider-based streaming downloader. Note that patching will require the Launcher to restart twice. If you are having problems, try the new Launcher repair utility. There are updated instructions for how to deal with Launcher/patching issues here.
- Game Update 2.10.2 will be next week, and will include the Slot Machine: Smuggler’s Gambit decorations for 1 credit each from the Binary Star Realty vendor.
- Alex Modny provided a bit more clarification on the new Disciplines system coming in Game Update 3.0.
- Andrew Horwitz (Associate Producer) wrote a developer blog to explain the nuances of the 12x XP subscriber bonus for pre-ordering the Shadow of Revan expansion, referred to as the “class story leveling event”. This Reddit post provides a complimentary FAQ for 12x XP.
- The latest Community Cantina was held in New York city on Thursday. The assets on the flashdrive provided to attendees have been posted by both Dulfy and JD (Gaddock Teeg) of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast. A forum user provided this summary of the Q&A. You can listen to JD talk about the extremely revealing answers he received while talking directly to the developers, along with the audio from the Q&A, in episode 57 of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast.
Community legend Snave (he’s kind of a big deal) interviewed Eric Musco on his Twitch channel on Wednesday. You can watch the archived version of the interview on Twitch or YouTube. He’s also archived his post-interview dissection.
Our show has been (re-)added to the Windows Phone 7, 8 and Zune catalogues.
5. Force Feedback
Greg Carter retweeted this image from Slim Jim of the Back to the Future show:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!