In the news, we discuss the teaser for the expansion coming towards the end of the year. Then in our discussion, the topic is how the Conquest system is playing out, positives and negatives, and some ideas about how to tweak it for the better.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Infidel (Guildmaster of Pax Imperius on The Ebon Hawk server)! Thanks to Arneel, Sab and Caligari for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Preferred players should now all have access to Galactic Strongholds.
- The Constable’s Stronghold Pack is now available. Its contents are (as usual!) previewed by Dulfy, and Kranitoko opens a hypercrate of them in his new pack opening video.
- The class forums are being consolidated to make them more compact and thus navigable, which includes merging the sub-forums for mirror classes (e.g., Jedi Sentinels and Sith Marauders will now share the same forum).
- On Tuesday morning’s livestream, Eric Musco and Charles Boyd played through the new Legacy of the Rakata tactical Flashpoint. At the end, they released a very short teaser trailer (also on YouTube). It reveals what appears to be Revan, returned to continue his plans that were at least temporarily stymied at the end of The Foundry Flashpoint. The following images compare his appearance then to how he looks in the teaser trailer.
- It was observed on the official forums that it appears that the acronym for the expansion will be “SOR”.
- Teo gives a brief review of A New Dawn, the new Star Wars novel by John Jackson Miller.
4. Force Feedback
Laurie M provides the following visual guide to working out which side is east and west in Voidstar, regardless of whether you’re attacking or defending. Remember, the datacore is always north!
Uncle Chong prepares a most delicious meal:
5. Sarlacc Digest
Redna leads the discussion on how the Conquest system is playing out, both its positives and negatives. We also try to come up with some ways to tweak it for the better.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!