Game Update 2.10: Forged Alliances is here, concluding the story arc that will lead us to the end-of-year expansion. In our discussion, we talk about some misconceptions that (hopefully very few) players have about SWTOR’s game mechanics.
The guide authored by Teo is his GSH unlock comparison for building your Conquest bonus.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Cabsav of The Harbinger! Thanks to Brian of the Bad Feeling Podcast, Christopher, GasGuy and Caligari for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.9d was deployed on Thursday morning to implement the server-side fixes that should ensure that The Harbinger’s stability issues do not recur.
- The short story “Remnants”, describing an adventure on Rakata Prime, was released.
- Game Update 2.10: Forged Alliances was deployed on Tuesday morning. It includes the Legacy of the Rakata Tactical Flashpoint.
- Ranked PvP Season 3 began with the release of Game Update 2.10. Our Leaderboards page has been updated to use the latest data; the archived results for Season 1 and Season 2 are also available.
- A teaser for the upcoming end-of-year expansion will be released in a few days, with a full announcement coming before the end of September.
- To avoid an issue that will prevent you from getting your personal Conquest reward (that should be delivered as soon as you reach the week’s personal goal), you should abandon a mission in your Mission Log with the title “Personal Conquest Reward”.
- The reputation cap for the Binary Star Realty has been raised to its intended level.
- The Selkath Console decoration appears to have changed such it cannot be repositioned in the same way that it was prior to Game Update 2.10.
Thanks to Spencer, Scotthomas and Grim for their donations!
Details about our Ootini Holdings lottery can be found here.
5. Force Feedback
It seems that @DurtaDurta has found us on the airwaves:
Chong sent us this screenshot of the game announcing an obvious truism:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss some (hopefully uncommon) player misconceptions about game mechanics, based upon this thread from the SWTOR sub-Reddit.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!