In the news we cover The Harbinger’s woes and the Community Cantina that was held in Seattle. We then discuss the class changes coming next week in Game Update 2.10.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Mariarchi! Thanks to Billyando for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The Harbinger has been suffering from numerous crashes over the past week, with the last resulting in extended downtime as BioWare worked to identify what was going wrong, which included some players experiencing a rollback to progress made just before the crashes. They have determined the root cause, and have deployed Patch 2.9d on Thursday morning as part of the solution.
- Patch 2.9c was deployed late last week to make certain Flashpoint objectives for the weekly Conquest non-repeatable. Jesse Sky (Lead Designer) provided some background as to the reasoning behind this change.
- The circular class sign decorations that had been observed in livestreams are not yet available in game. They will be added in a future (as yet undetermined) update.
- The PTS was taken down last week ahead of Game Update 2.10’s deployed next Tuesday (9 September).
- Season theming for Ranked PvP rewards will start with titles in Season 3.
- Both BenB (@Ben_b55) and Caligari (@Caligari_MMO) attended the Community Cantina held in Seattle on Sunday 31 August. Between them they provided us with the flashdrive contents and video which Caligari edited into a slick presentation on YouTube.
- Damion Schubert’s article about how game companies developed their policy for dealing with toxic players is “How UO Changed The Culture of MMOs”.
The novel “Star Wars: A New Dawn” by John Jackson Miller, a prequel to the Star Wars Rebels animated series set between Episodes 3 and 4, is now available as a hardback and ebook.
We’d like to shout out to Neekish’s guild, the Shadow Guardians on the Republic side of The Harbinger!
Our guild lottery continues!
5. Force Feedback
Chong believes this is the best decoration:
Chong encountered the following strange effect in The False Emperor Flashpoint:
The following gallery of images are from Noedalla’s Kass City Apartment, a work in progress:
We also have these images from Giantgina foray into Nightmare Mode GSH!
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss the class changes coming up in Game Update 2.10, as communicated through the focused feedback threads on the PTS for Marauder/Sentinel (middle tree), Sniper/Gunslinger (middle tree), Sorcerer/Sage (healing tree) and Assassin/Shadow (middle tree).
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!