In the news we cover what’s coming in Game Update 2.8.1, the Operative/Scoundrel Q&A, and the rumoured SWTOR summer pass. We then present our Bomber roundtable, the third in our Galactic Starfighter series.
2. Tip of the week and Trivia Question
Congratulations to this week’s winner, The Pummeler! Thanks to Fatalspark, Koopa’lach, Nepthen, Tobzors, Marvinheim, AmonRe and Greg for entering.
This week Chill has come up with a trivia question! It has to do with the famous quote that Harrison Ford said while trying to perform the dialog in Star Wars: “George, you can type this sh*t, but you sure as hell can’t say it”. Of course, in spite of the relative difficulty of the George Lucas dialog, they did mostly stick to the script. But give me three instances throughout the six movies of times when non-scripted dialog did make it into the final movie.
Please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for two chances to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.8.1 will be deployed next Tuesday (1 July). It will include the fix for the very old problem of Scoundrels and Operatives being sometimes locked in place if affected by a ballistic effect while using Scamper or Exfiltrate respectively.
- Along with Game Update 2.8.1 will be the end of double Fleet Requisition and credits from Galactic Starfighter, that has been running since Game Update 2.8. In its place, all players will receive double Ranked Warzone Commendations, Warzone Commendations and credits for both Ranked and regular Warzone matches (the rewards from the dailies and weeklies will not be affected). This will continue until Game Update 2.8.2 (which will most likely drop on 22 July, or possibly 29 July).
- The item rarities shown on the tooltips for the currently-available Star Cluster Nightlife Pack are incorrect, though the actual rarity and the associated unlock prices in the Collections UI are correct. The Star Cluster Nightlife Pack is being embargoed with Game Update 2.8.1; it will be replaced by the Club Vertica Nightlife Pack, which will be available until Game Update 2.9 is deployed on 19 August.
- The first double XP week will also begin on Tuesday 1 July at 1am CDT (7am BST, 4pm AEST) and conclude the following Tuesday (8 July) at 2am CDT (8am BST, 5pm AEST).
- If you are not currently subscribed, you are eligible for the SWTOR Summer Pass, which will allow you to purchase 4 months of subscription for $US39.99 (and receive a total of 200 Cartel Coins, without the 500-600 Cartel Coin stipend that regular subscribers receive).
- Hillary Nicole, also known as Pokket (@Pokketsays, YouTube), has joined the Community Team as their new Community Coordinator.
- The latest three questions from the class representative programme have been answered for Scoundrels and Operatives.
Our guildmate Aaree has started what has become an extremely interesting thread on our forums about how players choose the names of their characters. Feel free to contribute your own!
The Aurebesh Trainer has been updated to include words from all the movies in the original Star Wars trilogy.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Gerald, Oofalong, Terg, @BenB_55, Daekar, Dekion, @GregCarter78, Chong (@EmpireDivider), @Dekarch, @Darklighter159, @Ahsh_13, @darksplat, @FerrousTerran, @NickHall2010 and @TheMalgadar.
Chong and some of his fellow Ootini Templars playing a nice game of Djarik:
Where is Darklighter?
Greg’s captured this amazing image of the two forges on Tython:
6. Sarlacc Digest
This is our third Galactic Starfighter roundtable, covering Bombers.
Thanks to Anastasie (his email is email@example.com, and he plays as Anastasie or Phytia on The Bastion, Dementia on The Ebon Hawk), Dan (@Megadan66), Dunedai (@DunedaiForel) and Redna (@R3DN4, twitch.tv/r3dn4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!