We cover a broad range of topics in the week before Galactic Starfighter comes out of hyperspace with Game Update 2.5 on 3 December, including our plans for leveling during double XP over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Redna recommends the Android app Viral Floating Youtube Popup.
If you’d like to own the “Jawa Droid Sales” t-shirt which Teo obtained last time it was available, vote here at Qwertee.
Meet Highball Chong, the Moff’s new character to level during double XP:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Longbow!
BenB offers the following as proof that a level 10 could gain access to Speeder Piloting 3 by purchasing only that Legacy unlock using Cartel Coins:
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The double XP long weekend for Thanksgiving has begun! It finishes 1am CST on Tuesday 2 December. We again recommend the list of tips by long-time contributor to the show, The Malgadar.
- Players are reporting some odd behaviour in the matchmaking logic used to assemble teams for solo ranked PvP. If you encounter a particularly one-sided match, please respond to the thread to help BioWare track down what’s going wrong.
- Five different rare dyes will be available for direct purchase in the Cartel Market over the Thanksgiving holiday. Each dye will be there for a limited time, with a new dye appearing at 11am CST on the next switchover day.
- Black/Dark Purple: Tue 11am CST (5pm GMT, Wed 4am AEST) for 24 hours
- Black/White: Wed 11am CST (5pm GMT, Thurs 4am AEST) for 24 hours
- White/White: Thurs 11am CST (5pm GMT, Fri 4am AEST) for 24 hours
- Black/Black: Fri 11am CST (5pm GMT, Sat 4am AEST) for 48 hours
- White/Black: Sun 11am CST (5pm GMT, Mon 4am AEST) until maintenance
- As part of his PTS coverage, JD of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast reported that the legacy-unlockable personal starship repair droid was selling items that could apply different effects (reduce armor by 20%, reduce health to 1.5M, 1M and 500K) to the target dummies in our starships.
- In the final week before the release of Game Update 2.5 and Galactic Starfighter, BioWare released three more developer blogs:
- Developer Update: Strike Fighter Class Starfighter (Brian Audette, Senior Designer)
- Developer Update: Gunship Class Starfighter (Chris Schmidt, Designer)
- Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades (Jason Attard, Senior Game Designer)
Evewyn’s PvP Advice references a forum thread on understanding SWTOR’s resolve system, and a developer update about the changes made to it in Game Update 1.4.
If you’re interested in how things are shaping up for ranked PvP in Season 1, you may find Teo’s leaderboard analysis tool useful!
Missandei of the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server has created a most concise visual guide on the crafting bonuses provided by all companions.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @Enyonix, @heymason12 (Hash), @JoshuaLynch125 (Codex), @masterbearjedi (Raz), @Adam_Schumpert, @Darklighter159, @GTeeg (Gaddock Teeg, a.k.a. JD of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast), @MaraJade5233, @Lawilc01 (Laurie M), @ForceChuckle, @TheTurg (Terg), @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong), @FerrousTerran, @Strongshocker (Chaz Lobo), @GregCarter78, @fnord3125 (Brian Peters) and @TheMalgadar, and emails and comments from Chris, Jacob and Socordia.
Snowy’s droid look:
Adam Schumpert’s Wookie illustration that appears (fittingly) on Wookiepedia:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We briefly (due to time constraints) answered some questions about Galactic Starfighter. For more information (in fact, all you could possibly want to know!), we once again recommend Dulfy’s various guides about the expansion:
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter Ships and Components guide
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter Companions and Crew guide
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter expansion preview
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter new player guide
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter achievements and rewards
- SWTOR Galactic Starfighter Build Calculator
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.