Game Update 2.3.2 is here, which includes some wonderful quality-of-life improvements. We also discuss the Community Cantina in Seattle, which was attended by Chill and Redna.
Thanks to @JediKrackr for providing this most excellent OotiniCast mug for Teo’s tea!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Thoss!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.3.2 was deployed on Wednesday morning (US time) during an extended downtime, due to problems with the new feature that would allow Cartel Coins to be purchased in-game (which was disabled pending its eventual fix).
- Next week (Tuesday 10 September through Tuesday 17 September, Bounty Contract Week returns for the second time. It begins and ends at 5am CDT, 11am BST, 8pm AEST.
- The two items that were listed in the Collections UI as being in the Freelancer’s and Contractor’s Bounty Packs, but not actually in the packs, will be effectively made available to all (sold for 1 credit from the Bounty Supply Reputation Vendor, though with no reputation requirement).
- An issue that was preventing Cartel Coins from being granted for some achievements has been corrected, and the Cartel Coins retrospectively granted to those who missed out.
- BioWare has partnered with MMORPG.com to do a promotion of ranked warzone arenas called Galactic Guild Battles, involving guilds willing to field teams to livestream their play on Twitch between September 12th and October 17th, with separate times for US and European servers. Each team requires 6 players (4 primary and 2 alternate). Applications close on September 8th!
PJ sent us this screenshot of the Ootini Templars out in force:
If you have any ideas on what we should do for our fast-approaching episode 100, please post on our forum.
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (email@example.com).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Swtorfamily (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @nicknightmoves, @TheMalgadar, @JediKrackr, @ForceChuckle, @ChazLobo, @ThePummeler, @Casmas_, @ArrTeaBee, @tweetieowl (Brightstar), @Enyonix, @KairiahMedens (David), @AckaanTalgala, @MichaelWearden and @TheTurg.
Here is @MichaelWearden’s rather unfortunate weapon malfunction:
Here is @ThePummeler showing just how hard those smash monkeys can hit in Novarre Coast:
@ArrTeaBee has used his image manipulation skills to create screenshots containing all the characters from his legacy:
Our guildmate and fellow raider Terg obtained the following most glorious original artwork from Michael Phillips (Durden Art) while attending Burning Man:
Skilrathos emailed us with his two new rides:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss the Community Cantina held in Seattle, which was attended by Redna and Chill.
Chill has an article in which he covers the Q&As that were held.
All attendees were presented with some swag:
A SWTOR-themed thumbdrive was included, and time it contained a single file, which was a teaser video for the Super Secret Space Project!
Thanks to Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.