We go over this week’s news, which includes the deployment of Game Update 2.2.1. In our discussion, Redna talks defensive stats.
Chill’s DPS Operative being transformed into the Joker:
2. Trivia question
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Edward F!
We’re again looking for game tips. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org; if we use yours we’ll send you a $5 Cartel Coin code, plus a Taun Fawn (both courtesy of BioWare) if you don’t have one.
- Game Update 2.2.1 was deployed during a longish maintenance on Tuesday. A fix for ensuring that companions were re-summoned after dismounting had the unintended side effect of cancelling any crew skill mission your current companion was on. Also, the elimination of one of the bolster bugs may not be working as intended.
- Paid character transfers are now available. The free character rename (one per account) may also be claimed by specifying which character is to receive it via the official site.
- Revan’s armor has been updated, and now is deemed to be in its final state, matching how he appeared in KOTOR (though some are disputing this).
- The issue which delayed paid character transfers until Game Update 2.2.1 involved some achievements being broken during the transfer. That was resolved for new paid character transfers. For APAC players affected during their free transfers, a partial fix went into 2.2.1, with the remaining issues addressed in 2.2.2.
- Space combat achievements are still not fixed in Game Update 2.2.1, but instead should be addressed in 2.2.2.
- A question about nightmare mode Terror from Beyond raised an interesting issue with Resilience/Force Shroud, that confirmed that regardless of defense, there’s always a 5% chance of being hit.
- Likewise the fix for the issue that occasionally requires you to reset your UI (using ctrl-U twice) to enable the warzone button on the minimap has been delayed until Game Update 2.2.2.
- The Encrypted Datacubes that were added in the latest pack won’t be appearing again, based on community feedback.
- Some good news for those experiencing a slow delivery of their one-time passwords.
- Cartel Coin cards from retailers are now available!
- Phillip, BioWare’s security manager, clarified how text macros, implemented via third party software and hardware, were considered by the game’s Terms of Service. He also judged three use cases provided by a forum user. The bottom line is that any automation beyond one click being equivalent to one action isn’t permitted.
Dan O’Brien (@DsanOB) has created a Twitter feed for SWTOR developer posts, which is a great way to keep track of posts without having to check the site. Please subscribe to @SWTORTracker to take advantage of this most excellent resource!
We’ve also got a homegrown tool (ootinicast.com/mods) for helping you to decide which mods (particularly enhancements!) would best suit the particular stat priority you’re looking for.
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (email@example.com).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @madmar_sith (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @JediKrackr, @Casmas, @DsanOB, @ThePummeler, @ArrTeaBee, @GrahamMSellars, @mad0racle, @rbleamon (Ray Leamon), @Da_Dirty_Spoons, @voyak, @HawtRepublic (Njessi), @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong), @terencemyers, @Lawilc01, @_Baffle, @joseph_foran, @AfterburnerX, @Geldarion (Drew, co-host of Corellian Run Radio), @masterbearjedi (Raz), @GregCarter78, @oldrepradio, @GrandOldPodcast, @GrahamMSellars and @nigelkersten, emails from Jeshaji and Minn, and a comment from The Malgadar.
Minn is interested in forming an Empire-side ops group that runs around 8pm EST on Monday nights. If you’d like to participate, please contact Vy’aal (name changed from Minn’Serel, which is what we mentioned on the show) via in-game mail or whisper.
Voyak recommends SWTOR Hell, a YouTube video that is a compilation of in-game footage with appropriate music clips. Out of this seeming chaos emerges something surprisingly funny!
The somewhat unexpected spawn point encountered by @JediKrackr when things were going a little strange on The Harbinger over the double XP weekend:
6. Sarlacc Digest
This week, Redna discusses defensive stats.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.