Chill and Teo are joined by Rub and Hyp to discuss the news, focusing on the clarifications provided for the imminent Game Update 1.2; we also talk about some interesting issues and questions raised in listener email.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: Lucas’s “American Graffiti” is basically how we ended up with Harrison Ford in Star Wars. We also got something else from “American Graffiti,” specifically from the second dialogue of the second reel. What else did Star Wars get from American Graffiti?
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.5a was deployed during Tuesday’s maintenance.
- In addition to the Friend of Star Wars: The Old Republic promotion, BioWare launched The Old Republic Weekend Pass to allow anyone to try the game over this weekend.
- Patch 1.1.5b was deployed during 2 hours of unexpected downtime on Thursday afternoon.
- More information was revealed about Game Update 1.2 on the second day of the Guild Summit. DarthHater provides a great overview.
- Augment slots may eventually be addable to existing gear.
- The existing BioChem reusable stims, adrenals and medpacks will not be removed in Game Update 1.2. Instead, they are being deprecated, with no now reusable versions of this items being available in subsequent tiers of content.
- You will be able to queue a pre-made 8-man raid for a ranked (not normal/unranked) warzone in Game Update 1.2.
- Larry Everett of Massively provides a detailed description of the new warzone, Novare Coast, in his overview of what he experienced when playing with Game Update 1.2 at the guild summit.
- BioWare’s Richard Vogel (Executive Producer) and Dallas Dickinson (Production Director) gave a talk at this year’s GDC (Game Developer’s Conference) about the process of building SWTOR.
5. Sarlacc Digest Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @thehatfield (Hatfield), @shotgun_burger (ShotgunBurger), @OriginalBioZed (BioZed), @bryterside (Bryter), @toliman (Joli), @Lexx_Sylveste (Sylv), @Vallant1985 (Val), @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @MIZM764 (Mitchell Hill) and @ForceChuckle.
- If you are interested in general gaming, we recommend that you subscribe to the OGL Cast on iTunes, the podcast hosted by the Oz Gamer’s League (including BioZed and ShotgunBurger).
- JD let us know that the datacron location guide from RepublicTrooper.com that he recommended previously wasn’t working out too well; he advises that it be used with caution.
- Jed emailed us to ask when is an explit really an exploit? An inconclusive discussion failing to resolve this question ensued.
- Evan from Boston (Orlin on our Space Slug server) emailed to ask about differences in playing the mirror classes between the factions. He also was wondering that if it were possible, who (or what) would we like to have as a new companion?
- Snowy has been experimenting with hybrid specs on his Jedi Sage. He wonders whether we’ve been doing the same on our characters.
- Alex Young emails to propose dishwashing as an addition way to keep our companions out of trouble, asks how to use shields and torpedoes in space missions, and hopes that they’ll be a vendor for those who manage to maintain a neutral light/dark side alignment.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.