In the news we mainly talk about Conquests, now in their second week. Rube (@ThePummeler) then provides some great tips on how to be effective in open world PvP.
Rube provided the following infographic to explain his choice of Twitter avatar:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Carnz! Thanks to Mariachi, DanielZRob, PJ, Julien and Socordia for entering.
You can find Socordia’s forum post that describes the math behind his tip on not all Strongholds being equal here.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 2.9a was deployed on Friday morning, and Patch 2.9b on Tuesday morning.
- APAC (Asia Pacific) players found themselves unable to update to Patch 2.9a on Friday morning, as their launchers could not contact the region’s CDN (Content Delivery Network) server. This was apparently due to an ISP issue messing up the routing. There is a workaround for this issue, which hopefully won’t be needed in the future!
- The issue with the Assault on Tython Tactical Flashpoint remains, and with help provided to Ben Scott, the Designer responsible for the problematic encounter, it will be fixed in Game Update 2.10.
- An issue with non-repeatable objectives being repeatable was fixed in Patch 2.9b.
- If your legacy titles disappeared with Patch 2.9b, you can contact Customer Support to get them back.
- The cap on the Binary Star Realty reputation will be raised from the currently incorrect 3,600 to the intended 36,000 in Game Update 2.10, with all Cartel reputation caps removed in Game Update 2.10.1.
- The “All-Galaxy” titles for the top 96 across all the Advanced Classes have been awarded.
- The short story “Wanted: Dead and dismantled” was published to flesh out the Forged Alliances story arc, giving us some insight into Jakarro the Wookie and his droid translator, C2-D4.
- Dostus-dilih on Reddit uncovered some apparent foreshadowing from the Dread Masters from last year about the Forged Alliances story arc.
- The next Community Cantina will be in Seattle in conjunction with PAX on Sunday 31 August. BenB (@Ben_B55) will be there to livestream/live-tweet the event. Our guildmate Caligari (@Caligari_MMO) will also be there, and is requesting questions for him to ask the BioWare developers in this forum thread.
Welcome back to JD with episode 54 of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast!
The fourth episode of the Galactic Gamers Coalition podcast, which includes Road, Fred, Teo, Chuck and Brian from the Bad Feeling Podcast and Heather and Jason from Corellian Run Radio, is now available.
David and Simon interview Hillary Nicole (Community Coordinator from BioWare) in the episode 84 of Flash Point.
The Jawa Joyride is back in action! See Kuze’s post for more information.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Oofalong, Socordia, Greg Carter, Dan Cremer, GasGuy, Jegger and Simon (@RPGbeatsRL).
Here is Oofalong’s infographic on the multi-step process of crafting Dark Projects:
Socordia’s analysis of what was contained in 216 Cartel Packs can be found here.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Rube provides many handy tips and tricks for being effective in open world PvP.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!