We discuss patch 1.6.2 and Jeff Hickman’s state of the game. Looks like lots to come in 2013 for SWTOR!
The image from the official site that caught Hyp’s attention:
2. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.6.2 was deployed during a long (8 hour) maintenance on Tuesday morning.
- Dulfy has provided a breakdown of the new Cartel Market additions, including the contents of the Skip Tracer Cartel Pack.
- This includes changes to the purchasable Spymaster and Phantom outfits. Joveth clarified what had happened. Damion Schubert posted about why the change was made, acknowledged that not everyone was happy, and promised that the issue would be remedied soon. He also dropped a very heavy hint that colour dye for armour is coming!
- Character slots are now purchasable for 600 Cartel Coins. Up to 10 may be purchased. Each adds a character slot to all servers. Thus for subscribers, who have 12 character slots by default, they can increase this to 22 character slots per server by purchasing the maximum 10 character slots.
- Preferred status players now have access to 6 character slots (account-wide and presumably per-server). It’s unclear whether purchasing character slots adds one extra character slot per server, or to the account-wide total.
- Joveth provided an explanation for why the credit reward from the Heroic Space Missions was significantly reduced.
- The icon for the button used to lock our action bars was unintentionally changed to be a filled triangle whether locked or unlocked (instead of the changeable padlock icon). You can still tell whether your action bars are locked by hovering over the button and reading the tooltip.
- Jeff Hickman published his second SWTOR State of the Game blog post.
3. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @EmpireDivider (Chong), @Voyak, @Dimbo56, @AHlaenxna (Vis), @vayne_verso, @terencemyers, @michaeloranje, @MikeG_75, @ForceChuckle, @BillLentz and @masterbearjedi (Raz).
Chong wonders whether the tank dancer is new:
Matt (roguish98) emailed us about whether our expectations for endgame content should be eased to allow for more of SWTOR’s most excellent story content.
Daryl (also known as Wolfgangamadeus, Hansgruber, Fritzdourdan, Karlurban of the Thirteenth Legion guild on the Ebon Hawk) provides some advice regarding the Commando’s Assault spec.
We respond to Facebook comments from Greg C and William C, and a comment on episode 61 from Michael Sawyer.
Next week’s Sarlacc Digest will be a discussion about stats, probably the first in a series. Redna will start with the key offensive stats. We will be live-streaming the recording of the show, with more details available early next week on ootinicast.com/live.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher.