Bruce MacLean announces that Galactic Strongholds has been delayed, though for the best possible reasons! We discuss what’s happening and what it will mean.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Dracko! Thanks to Gary and Darth Malvictus of The Ebon Hawk for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Eric Musco revealed that Game Update 2.7.1 would be deployed on Tuesday 29 April. Along with the start of PvP Ranked Season 2, it will include a fix for the crash that occurs to many players at the end of The Esseles, The Foundary and Black Talon. The common cause was the jump to lightspeed transition in a cutscene.
- If you’re a little over the new Quesh Huttball warzone, its frequency (currently 25%, based on Rob Hinkle starting it would be twice as likely to pop as any other warzone) will return to normal (8%, based on 1 in 6 chance of Huttball, with a 50/50 chance of getting Quesh) in Game Update 2.7.1.
- The weekly and daily missions that will be added in Game Update 2.7.1 which require the completion of Ranked Arena matches were heavily discussed on the official forums. Alex Modny (Associate Designer) revealed that:
- the missions can be completed by doing either Solo or Group Ranked Arenas
- the daily and weekly will require 3 and 9 wins respectively
- losses do not count for these missions, to ensure people aren’t queueing just to get them done (and thus aren’t necessarily motivated to win)
- the idea of granting an Elo bonus as a mission reward was considered and discarded
- Jean Prior (formerly of TORWars) wrote an article for MMORPG.com summarising her experience at the Boston Community Cantina.
- Bruce Maclean (Senior Producer) announced in a Producer Letter that Galactic Strongholds was effectively being delayed by two months, to allow for all its features to be available with early access. Eric Musco then answered a series a questions about the letter in the associated thread on the official forums.
The second episode of the Galactic Gamers Coalition, featuring the hosts of TOROCast, SWTORReforged and our own OotiniCast, will be recorded Sunday 27 April at 7:30pm EDT. You can participate live via TwonkHammer’s Twitch channel.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @JoostHoedemaeckers, Bad Feeling Podcast (@badfeelingpdcst), Sema (@AIESema), Greg (@Armagreggan), David (@Ri_kiri), Russ (@Manciferous), Bill (@BillLentz), Kal (@JediKal), Brian (@fnord3125), Gary (@wirapidsgamers), Chaz Lobo (@Strongshocker), Chong (@EmpireDivider), Joe Foran (@joseph_foran), @TheMalgadar, JB (@O_JohnnyBravo_O) and @AkaanDarasuum.
Here are the warzone scoreboards from David’s two matches where he achieved at least 100 kills:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher.