Game Update 2.5 is here, granting early access to Galactic Starfighter. Lock S-foils in attack position!
Redna clarifies the name of the Android app he recommended last week: Viral Floating Youtube Popup.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Mark!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.5: Galactic Starfighter Early Access, was deployed during a long 7-hour maintenance on Tuesday.
- Blaine Christine (Senior Producer) authored a developer blog announcing that early access to Galactic Starfighter is here. There was also a press release and the Starfighter Customization trailer (also on YouTube).
- In his Developer Update: Galactic Starfighter Crew Members, Brian Audette (Senior Designer) explains how choosing our crew is a critical part of preparing our starfighters for combat.
- We get some insight into the development process with the Developing a Level for Galactic Starfighter developer blog by Chris Schmidt (Designer).
- In Michael Backus (Lead Designer)’s developer blog Galactic Starfighter Development, Introduction: Part II, he gives some insight into the reasoning behind the design decisions affecting the expansions cost, accessibility and progression mechanic.
- Michael Backus also explained how the system behind allocating rewards in Galactic Starfighter differ from that in regular warzones.
- A new official forum has been created for Galactic Starfighter.
- Now that Game Update 2.5 and its class changes has been released, the class representative program has been reactivated, starting with those Advanced Classes that received few (or no) changes in 2.5. The first set of three questions will be submitted in January.
- The old on-rails space game should still be working, though the Grade 7 components used for the heroic space missions are no longer available on the Cartel Market. They should still be obtainable by others means (craftable, direct purchase for credits or Fleet Commendations).
- Bounty Contract Week returns next week, running 10-17 December.
Kal gives us some insight into the detailed planning that goes into an Ootini Tempars operation:
The Empire-side guild Despair on The Harbinger are looking for raiders to join their operations group. See this forum post for more information.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Geldarion, @TheTurg, @Jazzycaty (Pliskiin), @fnord3125 (Brian Peters), @JediKal, @TheMalgadar, @thehatfield, @Lawilc01 (Laurie M), @ForceChuckle, @AuramAlexander, @masterbearjedi, @Manciferous and @JediKrackr, and emails and comments from Carnz, Decurion, Narq, Youltar, Darth Kenji, Greg Carter (a.k.a. Evewyn), Mark S, Nathaniel Starr, Kal, Kingsleyy, Michael Sawyer, Ilmar, Oxi-jin, Morriah, TREaltoholic and Thundergod.
Darth Kenji offers yet more proof that day/night cycles are indeed possible!
Geldarion (a.k.a. Drew, co-host of Corellian Run Radio) penned a poem on the eve of Game Update 2.5′s deployment. He also sent us this screenshot of the new recruiting poster on Coruscant for Galactic Starfighter (the Aurebesh reads “Protect the Republic, become a starfighter pilot”):
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.