In the news we cover the upcoming Game Update 3.2.1, the return of the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Event, and more. We then discuss feedback from last week’s topic on the value of progression raiding guilds, amongst other topics, including just what’s happening with “better than cross-server”.
The gallery below features Chill’s latest levelling character, Chillhulk!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Bellazar! Thanks to Death Star Down Under, Cest-la and Kal for entering.
Death Star Down Under recommended this thread on the official forums for those with nVidia graphics cards that want to boost their FPS.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 3.2c was deployed on Thursday morning in record time (35 minutes). Kudos to the Live Services team!
- The Relics of the Gree event will conclude on Tuesday 26 May. Bounty Contract Week will then start, concluding on Tuesday 2 June.
- Game Update 3.2.1 will be deployed on Wednesday 27 May, rather than Tuesday, delayed due to the Memorial Day public holiday on Monday 25 May. Preliminary patch notes have been made available.
- Included in Game Update 3.2.1 is the restoration of the achievements earned from last year’s Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event that had mysteriously disappeared. Speaking of the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event, it is making its annual return on Tuesday 9 June, running for 11 weeks until Tuesday 25 August.
- If you believe you are experiencing a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack while participating in PvP, please contact BioWare privately, providing as much information as you can. To avoid this happening to you, avoid situations where your personal internet connection’s IP address could be detected, such as logging into someone else’s Mumble, Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server, or posting on a private forum.
- It appears that KOTOR2 (Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords) will soon be available on mobile devices.
- Filmmaker Jamie Benning (@jamieswb) interviews Garrick Hagon, the actor who played Biggs Darklighter in Star Wars: A New Hope, in the video documentary Blast it Biggs! Where are you?!.
- In a cryptic tweet, Aaryn Flynn (head of BioWare Edmonton and Montreal) hinted that BioWare could return to the “amazing universe” of Star Wars, and explicitly mentions KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic). Could this be a non-SWTOR game in The Old Republic timeline?
Find out more about Swtorista’s ‘In the Wild’ decoration contest here.
5. Force Feedback
You can Kranitoko’s latest Krandom video here, which includes some OotiniCast guest voices!
You can see the full discussion about the value of progression raiding guilds and harassment in last week’s Reddit thread for episode 206.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!