Podcast: Play in new window
This week we talk about the patches that fixed all the things, and the Community Cantina held in LA last week. In our discussion, veteran pilots Dan and Dunedai return to present the state of Galactic Starfighter.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Dekion! Thanks to Darksplat, Dunedai, Nepthen, Dekarch and Ludwig for entering.
Ludwig’s short video demonstrating his tip may be found here.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 2.8a was released on Friday morning to address the root cause of the area transition issues, which turned out to be related to the load generated by people queueing for 16-man operations via the Group Finder.
- The area transition issues were the reason why some players lost ELO rating after leaving the queue (rather than declining a match). This was fixed with Patch 2.8a.
- Patch 2.8b was subsequently deployed on Wednesday morning, to fix two remaining issues.
- The capability of moving system messages in the Interface Editor that was mentioned in the Game Update 2.8 patch notes turned out not to have made it in, but is planned for Game Update 2.8.2.
- While the removal of the Nightmare Power buff from the bosses in Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress has made the damage dealt equivalent to Hard Mode, it is intended that their health remains unchanged at the Nightmare Mode level.
- A Community Cantina was held last Thursday (12 June) in LA. Dulfy has a post with the images contained on the flash drive provided to attendees. You can download the audio provided to us by LethalXBacon here.
While the Bad Feeling Podcast is one of our favourites, we particularly recommend episode 18, in which Chuck and Brian interview addiction specialist Hannah Milford about the in-game casino introduced to celebrate Soovada.
As a way of helping Ootini Knights and Ragers get to know each other, Zac suggests posting pictures of our pets in this thread on our forum.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from Caligari (@Caligari_MMO), Carnz, Mytherious, Morriah (@RosieBear77), Gerald, Darklighter (@Darklighter159), Zac (@zacsme), Chong (@EmpireDivider and @Uncle_Chong), @DanCremer, Gary (@wirapidsgamers), Chaz Lobo (@Strongshocker), Krackr (@JediKrackr), Nepthen (@NepthenORD), @GaddockTeeg of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast, @Kranitoko, @Ahsh_13, Terg (@TheTurg), @Bara_Dur, Genetrix (@akindoffairytale), @Dekarch and Pallais (@wowPiper).
DurtaDurta has translated the following as “Club Vertica Casino”. He recommends our Aurebesh Trainer to help you master Aurebesh!
Chaz Lobo found this video that puts the Duel of the Fates into an entirely new perspective!
Darklighter was busy this week taking screenshots! He wonders whether this speeder looks like a frog face:
He believes that the Bounty Hunter starship is giving the Fleet the bird:
Utilising Corwynn’s tip from episode 144 about substantially extending the camera view distance, he came up with the following:
Where is Darklighter?
Titan-6 from Scum & Villainy
Greg, inspired by Darklighter, came up with this view of Thrasher from Scum & Villainy:
6. Sarlacc Digest
Dan and Dunedai give their opinions on the current state of Galactic Starfighter, along with their impressions of the new Gunship and Bomber variants added in Game Update 2.8.
This link will list our episodes that cover Galactic Starfighter in detail, including the Gunship and Scout roundtables.
Thanks to Dan (@Megadan66), Dunedai (@DunedaiForel) and Redna (@R3DN4, twitch.tv/r3dn4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!