Lots to cover this week with BioWare’s livestream about Game Update 3.2: Rise of the Emperor, which includes the Outfit Designer, the planet Ziost, along with a few very nice quality of life fixes.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Ivilon! Thanks to Sandnuu for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Welcome to Nick Avola (@avola_swtor), the newest member of the Community Team! Found out more about him in his introductory post.
- Game Update 3.1.2 will be deployed on Tuesday 7 April. It has various fixes, including for the Gree Light Pillar decoration, the Group Finder daily reward and expanding guild flagships. Bright Blue Eyes will also return!
- The Master’s Shadow Pack is now available on the Cartel Market.
- Game Update 3.2: Rise of the Emperor was deployed onto the PTS during Friday’s livestream which you can still view on Twitch.
- If you play through the Ziost story on the PTS, note that “The End of it All” mission cannot be completed at this time.
- The Outfit Designer is also on the PTS as part of Game Update 3.2. Note that it is not a gear changer.
- There are also class changes coming for:
- Star Wars: Battlefront is confirmed to debut at Star Wars: Celebration (16-19 April).
- The Star Wars: Tie Fighter video, an Empire-focused short Star Wars animated in the style of class 80s anime, is well worth checking out.
We recommend that you check out TORCommunity’s KickStarter project, which is seeking funding to create the functionality to replace and surpass what was offered by the now defunct Torhead and AskMrRobot. You can find out more about how they’re doing in this update.
Our Leaderboards tool has been updated to show graphs for the reward tiers announced for Ranked PvP Season 4.
Thanks to Sevek of Begeren Colony for his fourth “Ootini Rage” sound clip which we’re using this week. He calls it “Droid”.
If you’re interested in being a guest on the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t be shy!
5. Force Feedback
Here’s our guildmate Spencer showcasing our Ootini Knights shirt which (due to reasons) was late in arriving:
The thread on the official forums found by Megan that describes how to copy your Interface Editor-created UIs from live onto the PTS can be found here.
Cole notes that it appears that there’s a crossguard lightsaber already in SWTOR! Well, kinda…
In Freedious’s own words: “The RNGree gods went full on purple parallel last night granting me the Helix Hyperpod by 1 point.” Looks great!
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!