We discuss Game Updates 5.8 and 5.8a, the revamped Conquest system and the further plans to improve it, and much more. Also mentioned is the very strong rumour that EA is working on a new open world Star Wars game, and just why Luke was so whiny in Episode IV.
Here is Chill’s latest themed alt, Chillcroft!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Syila!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org before the next show for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Maintenance periods are posted using Pacific time, as it’s a handy reference for those living in the US, even though BioWare is in Austin and the US servers are on the east coast.
- Game Update 5.8 (accompanied by the Command Authority launch trailer) and subsequently Game Update 5.8a have been deployed.
- Feedback to the changes to Conquest have already been actioned, with more changes to come.
- The Cartel Market continues to evolve, including for a limited time (April 3-17) every Cartel Market item being available for direct sale.
- Aaryn Flynn, former General Manager of BioWare, names a common misconception about how EA operates.
- Casey Hudson, the current General Manager, commented on Drew Karpyshyn’s departure from BioWare and the Anthem team.
- Due to a revealing (and quickly fixed) job advertisement at EA Vancouver, it seems that BioWare is working on “a Star Wars open world project”. Could this be the rebirth of the cancelled Star Wars game that saw the demise of Visceral?
- Mark Hamill reveals why Luke Skywalker sounded to whiny early in Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
4. Force Feedback
Thanks to our latest Ootini patron, Jason Dobo!
If you want to teach yourself Aurebesh, why not try our trainer?
Information about our guilds on the Satele Shan server, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher. We record the show live every second Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!