Along with the news, which includes the arrival of Game Update 3.2.1, Olib of SWTOR Network joins us to discuss his Q&A with BioWare on how analytics are used in SWTOR.
For the younger listeners out there, you can watch a-ha’s “Take On Me” video to understand the references to line drawings and a garbage bin.
Here’s Chill’s latest screenshots of Chillhulk:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, TBD! Thanks to TBD for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 3.2.1 was deployed during a very long maintenance on Wednesday morning. With it comes the restoration of the Character Transfer service, which had been unavailable for several weeks.
- The Temple Chair (Basic) deco which was found in Collections for the latest Cartel Pack was not intended to be in it; it will be available on the Esstran Exports Reputation vendor in Game Update 3.2.2.
- While the set bonuses for the Combat Medic/Bodyguard sets are now working, you have to unequip/reequip every time you enter a phase to get it to work.
- While a large number of credit sellers were taken down recently, more have arisen in their place! Keep on reporting them, and they will eventually be dealt with.
- The actions being taken against win-traders and trolls in Ranked PvP are reportedly having a significant effect, with many trolls no longer playing the game due to suspensions. The techniques used to identify win-traders will not be revealed.
- Use data-mined information at your own risk! For example, don’t blame Dulfy if her Conquest calendar is out of date.
- There will be an hour-long livestream on Wednesday 3 June at 2pm Pacific (10pm BST, 7am AEST) to showcase the new Yavin 4 Stronghold and Togruta playable species. Tune into SWTOR’s Twitch channel to watch.
- In EA’s annual report (Form 10-K), it was noted that there was a decrease in SWTOR’s revenue year-on-year in fiscal year 2015.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patrons: Dephine (Hollow) and Kirsten!
Swtorista’s Stronghold Starter Guide is an excellent resource for those new to decorating, and there may even be some tips for those more experienced.
We highly recommend listening to Drew (Geldarion) and Joe on Casual Core Radio.
5. Force Feedback
Here is Scott’s look for his latest alt-turned-main:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss Olib’s interview about stats and game design decisions with BioWare’s Manager of Analytics, Alex Tremblay.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!