In the news this week we talk through the less-than-favoured Marauder/Sentinel changes, the subsequent harassment of John Jarynowski, and much more. We then discuss why progression guilds do matter to the game, and why we should care that some are leaving.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winners, Feylith and Flesh (Recruit Officer for the Grievance guild on Jedi Covenant)! Thanks to John/Coreley, Topps, Isaiah, LethalXBacon and Jason W for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Patch 3.2b was deployed on Tuesday morning during regular maintenance, with the only change being to fix a problem with the Colossal Monolith encounter on Ziost (see this excellent mini-guide if you need help with hard mode).
- Preferred players will encounter an error if using the account-wide unlocks Crew Skill Assignment Slot and Additional Quickbar.
- The Relics Conquest event will unintentionally finish three days early this week, which prevented guilds from invading any of the available planets. It will be repeated next week, and the Gree will remain for an extra week.
- The teaser for Ranked PvP Season 5 rewards has been published. It seems that participation in Ranked PvP between Seasons 3 and 4 has decreased in overall volume of players, but remained equivalent in terms of those players who are actively participating.
- The Hypercrates in this shipment will include a single Platinum Pack. Additional questions about them were subsequently answered.
- While it was hoped that vendors selling the White Acute Module (that disables the bonus XP from the Epic Story XP Boost) would be available on the starter worlds in Game Update 3.2.1, instead the White Acute Module will be made bind-to-legacy.
- John Jarynowski, who appears to be the spokesman for the Combat Team, made a series of posts to explain the changes (update 1, update 2) made to Sentinels and Marauders, explaining defensive forms, rotation philosophy for Watchman/Annihilation, and self-healing changes and set bonus improvements on Wednesday 6 May. The following day, Eric Musco posted about the harassment of John and his family.
- A new Star Wars exhibit will be opening at Madame Tussauds in London on Saturday 16 May.
Thanks to our mega-patron, Odesius Kraus!
Thanks also to our newest Ootini Patrons: Daniel and Dekarch.
Farewell to TOROCast, which will soon be finishing its 6 year run. You will be missed!
5. Force Feedback
The answer to ElionD’s question about the Cartel Coins granted to subscribers can be found in the help center on the official site.
Darklighter’s ultimate Imperial Agent, an invisible Sniper!
Here’s Kal getting the Beastmaster of Ilum achievement while on Alderaan:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!