Game Update 3.2: Rise of the Emperor is here! We walk through its features and our initial impressions. Some opinions are then expressed on the latest exploit and BioWare’s rapid response. We also discuss the latest round of class changes in Game Update 3.1.2 on the PTS.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this inadvertent week’s winner, Ferrous Terran!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 3.2: Rise of the Emperor is here! It has its own trailer, along with the usual patch notes.
- Courtney Woods (BioWare Writer) has written a two part story (part one, part two), titled “The Sixth Line”, providing some backstory for the militaristic Jedi we will encounter on Ziost.
- It has been confirmed that there is more content in Game Update 3.2 that will unlock on 1 May at 8am PDT (4pm BST, Tue 1am AEST), without requiring further patching.
- On 4 May (Star Wars Day, “May the Fourth” be with you!), all players will get the M4-1S astromech droid pet. In addition, subscribers will be granted the Epic Story XP Boost (12x XP) that will remain in the game until Fall (23 Sep – 21 Dec). Eric Musco (Community Manager) discussed how it will work, along with the quality of life changes made to enhance the accelerated leveling experience. Note that the Epic Story XP Boost will not affect the Shadow of Revan content (levels 55-60).
- It seems that the new Lair boss(es) that will become accessible on 4 May can be fought now via some nefarious means to get into the currently restricted area. This has been confirmed to be an exploit, and appropriate punitive action has already been taken against those who’ve taken advantage of this exploit, with more to come for players who subsequently utilise the exploit ahead of 4 May.
- There are more class changes in Game Update 3.2.1 on the PTS affecting:
5. Force Feedback
Freedious found the following for Bill and Chong’s coverage of the Community Cantina and Star Wars Celebration:
Chong managed to get Bronze in Ranked PvP Season 4:
Chong also asks what’s wrong with this picture? The second image is the clue:
Finally, Chong is on a bug hunt. Firstly, this Vine shows his cybernetic implant option changing randomly when he reset his appearance. Secondly, he can’t change this character’s hair colour:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!