In the news this week, we discuss the delay to Game Update 3.1.1, what BioWare is doing about win-traders and griefers in Ranked PvP, and much more. We then talk through the current story progression up to the present day.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Zernebog (you can find his blog here) of the Order of Shadow Knights guild on the Ebon Hawk server! Thanks to Sunner for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Bounty Contract Week will return on Tuesday 17 March. Eric Musco (Community Manager) confirmed that it will not always be the second Tuesday of each month.
- Game Update 3.1.1 was deployed on Thursday 12 March. It was delayed from Tuesday due to a bug causing some characters’ faces to be blacked out or to appear bright pink during conversations.
- Game Update 3.1.2 has had a further update on the PTS. John Jarynowski from the Combat Team provided some advice on how to contribute useful and effective feedback on the class changes.
- The next Community Cantina will be held on Saturday 18 April in Anaheim, in conjunction with Star Wars: Celebration (Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 April). The livestream to announce the news that was intended to be released at the cancelled Boston Community Cantina will happen soon.
- Eric Musco announced the current activity with respect to identifying win-traders and griefers in Ranked PvP. Actions (warnings and suspensions) against those identified have started to be taken. The identification process requires supporting data, and isn’t made solely on the basis of player reports. Further action (such as a rating reset) may be taken against players who received warnings. Some players have apparently been caught in the crossfire, as were others from previous seasons.
- The Final Story featuring Lana Beniko during her time on Korriban has been published.
- More than twenty books and comics will be released in the months leading up to the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on 18 December.
- It appears that the gameplay of Star Wars: Battlefront is worthy of applause.
- A LEGO Death Star constructed using more than half a million bricks has been added to LEGOLAND California.
Death By Smiley has taken the initiative to organise the community’s own version of Operation Victory.
Dalso of the Red Eclipse has produced this wonderful infographic showing the location of all the Flashpoints and Operations in the game.
5. Force Feedback
The following shows the final scoreboard from his closest Novarre Coast match so far:
In response to GasGuy’s channel, live listener Elrecor pointed us to this infographic showing the entire story progression in the game up to (and including) the Shadow of Revan:
On the show this week were Chill (@BrandonLStarr, twitch.tv/chillswtor), Teo (@jasonetheridge), Snave (@snave1208, hitbox.tv/snave, youtube.com/snave1208) and Kranitoko (@Kranitoko, youtube.com/KranitokoGames).
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!