Plenty of news this week, including SWTOR’s step into eSports with Operation Victory, Patch 3.0.0a, Game Update 3.1.1, and much more. We then discuss feedback from last week’s Sarlacc Digest which considered whether Hard Mode Flashpoints are too hard.
Chill has had his signed GSF poster that he received at our Ootini Cantina professionally framed:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Sechari! Thanks to Flox, Cole/Vescent and MisterBlackJack for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The Relics of the Gree event is back! It will finish on Tuesday 3 March (6am CST, noon GMT/11pm AEDT). Both Dulfy and TORCommunity have guides available. The Gold Scalene armor will be available on the Cartel Market after the event ends (from Tuesday 3 March).
- While it’s not currently planned to bring back the Chevin Event (also known as the Grand Acquisition Race), renewed interest in it has been noted.
- ESL is hosting Operation Victory, a tournament in which participants attempt to complete The Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice Operations in the fastest time, in 8-man Story Mode. Patch 3.0.0a will be deployed on Tuesday 3 March to fix some issues with Cortanni in The Ravagers, including the bug where she attacks her own escape pod. Full rule specifications will be posted ahead of the competition’s start, with a one-week qualifying heat beginning next Tuesday.
- Game Update 3.1.1 will be deployed on 10 March. It will (probably) include the following:
- MK-2 pieces instead of MK-1 in loot tables for 16-man SoR Operations, as was originally intended in Game Update 3.1
- Jedi Shadows (Darkness) and Sith Assassins (Kinetic Combat) will get the promised 100% extra Force regeneration from Double-Bladed Saber Tactics/Lightning Reflexes via Rapid Recovery/Lightning Recovery.
- Achievements from the Hard Mode Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi Flashpoints will not reset on logout.
- Some fixes for old PvE and current PvP set bonuses.
- The mission “The Enemy Within” will complete by clearing the Temple of Sacrifice if the Operation (versus solo) option was chosen.
- A bug which prevents Sith Sorcerers (Lightning) and Jedi Sages (Telekinetics) from being interrupted is being worked on, but is not yet scheduled to be deployed.
- While there remains some possibility that 12x XP will some day return, implementing it as a Legacy perk isn’t planned at this time.
- The Community Cantina that was to be held in conjunction with PAX East in Boston has been cancelled with just under two weeks notice. The new information that was to be delivered at the Cantina will instead be presented during a livestream roughly a week after when the Cantina would have been (somewhere around Friday 13 March).
- Mark Hamill will join Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Jeremy Bulloch and Peter Mayhew from the original Star Wars trilogy at this year’s Star Wars Celebration (16-19 April at the Anaheim Convention Center).
- While no toys from Star Wars: The Force Awakens were on show at the New York Toy Fair, there was a new Lego TIE Fighter being displayed.
- A 15 meter tall snow sculpture showing Darth Vader and several Storm Troopers was on display at the Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan.
5. Force Feedback
Aaree assesses the performance of Sentinels and Marauders in Ranked PvP as shown on our Leaderboards page as being true to type:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!