In the news this week, we cover the Choose Your Path trailer, Courtney Woods’ new role as a writer at BioWare, and more. We then discuss whether Hard Mode Flashpoints and Story Mode Operations are too hard.
Chill is listening to the Star Wars radio adaptation. He will say more about it next week!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Scott Thomas!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The Relics of the Gree event returns next Tuesday 24 February (6am CST, noon GMT/11pm AEDT), finishing a week later on Tuesday 3 March.
- Courtney Woods is now a writer at BioWare, and has thus left the Community Team. The latest example of her work is the story One Night in the Dealer’s Den. Eric Musco (Community Manager) assures us that they will be advertising to fill her position soon.
- Apparently the bottom tier (Tier 3) for Ranked PvP Season 4 will have a floor rating after all.
- The PTS will Game Update 3.1.1 has been closed. The last build included the new “Mount Flourish” keybind.
- The new Choose Your Path gameplay trailer has been released. It shows mostly footage from the Sith Warrior class story, though does include what appears to be a new scene featuring a player character rescuing Theron Shan.
- The site StarWars.ea.com is a place for Star Wars fans to find out more about Star Wars games in development at EA.
- A new arcade game unit, called a Star Wars: Battle Pod, may be appearing in an arcade near you!
- A set of digital trading cards reveals the names of the characters seen in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer.
- Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, had some inspirational words to say (PDF) about the quality of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and its two sequels, as well as the standalone movies.
Congratulations to the Bad Feeling Podcast on achieving their one year anniversary show!
5. Force Feedback
Chong is really enjoying the new Toilet decoration. In his words, “Boss’Chong vs The Number Two”.
When Chong is not coming up with tawdry bathroom humour, he is doing Science! He has performed two experiments comparing the returns from gathering from the Slicing nodes on Yavin 4 without and with a companion, to determine if their mission crit chance affects Slicing node returns.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Inspired by a SWTOR sub-Reddit thread asking why players were unhappy with the difficulty of Hard Mode Flashpoints, we discuss their relative difficulty, along with that of Story and Hard Mode Operations.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!