Game Update 3.0.2 is here with lots of quality of life fixes. And slot machines!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Mikhael! Thanks to Sechari, Nati, Scott, Dephine, Ameel, x2oh6 and Sevek/Khymarr for entering.
Here are Dephine’s tips for saving time in the Battle of Rishi Tactical Flashpoint:
- Avoiding mobs outside:
- Right at the beginning, jump off the bridge on the left. Sweep a big loop around the first set of mobs on the dock by taking a long-cut through the water.
- After you destroy all the containers, jump off the far side of the bridge on the left, right before the first boss. You can bypass that entire group there.
- Before you go inside the final building (after you decide which ships to shoot at), go way around to the right and in through the door. You will have to fight the 4 mobs right before you click on the door before the final boss, but not the ones outside.
- Avoiding mobs inside:
- You MUST have a stealther for this. If you do, have all non-stealth toons wait outside each of the 3 bunkers you have to go in to click glowing panels. Two make it “easy mode,” but it can be done with one. A single stealther can click enter, click each panel, and then exit without getting aggro. Some of them require you to go ‘behind’ the panel and click it from there. Not sure if you Sentinels can do this with your new-fangled short duration stealth.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 3.0.2 was deployed during regular maintenance on Tuesday morning.
- It includes the new Tree: Commemorative Meat Tree deco, available for 1 credit (up to 50 per legacy) from the Rishi reputation vendor Azarea Balawii on Rishi. Kuze provided the following screenshot:
- If you want to find out more about the ancient threat that could arise on Yavin 4, see Dulfy’s guide.
- Eric Musco has confirmed that the exploit in The Ravagers has been fixed in Game Update 3.0.2, and has outlined the process of dealing with those who took “undue advantage” of it. This poll started in the SWTOR sub-Reddit gives a view on how many players in that community utilised the exploit.
- Eric Musco gave a detailed overview of the performance issues that players have been experiencing since Game Update 3.0 went live, and indicated how the development team is addressing them.
- All players who have purchased the Shadow of Revan digital expansion will receive the welcome message in their in-game mail, with the Rishi Idol deco attached. Note that you can now have 10 Rishi Idols per legacy, rather than just 1.
- The Acolyte’s Shadow Pack is now available for purchase. You can watch Kranitoko’s usual hypercrate opening video here (and we recommend you subscribe to his Kranitoko Games channel).
- You may notice that the icons of items in your Legacy Storage have lost their border colour. This is a bug, though resetting your UI (via CTRL-U, CTRL-U) will temporarily fix the issue.
- BioWare is seeking more information from players who experiencing login queues when the population is showing as Standard (rather than Heavy).
- While there was no Bounty Contract Week in January, it is intended to return in February.
- The Gree Event, scaled up to level 60, will return towards the end of February or in March. As of Game Update 3.1, the Cyan Sphere vehicle will be made available on the Gree event vendor, and will be purchasable with either Grey Helix components, or a mixture of Grey Helix components and Snow-covered Parcels from the Life Day event.
- Game Update 3.1 is on the PTS. It includes class balancing, starting with Defence Guardians and Immortal Juggernauts. After we recorded, a second update was made, that changed the Improved Mounting perk to be legacy-wide rather than per character for the same cost (2 million credits requiring Legacy level 8, or 400 Cartel Coins).
5. Force Feedback
Here is how the Wampa Rug deco that Ham Sammich obtained looks on our Ootini Knights flagship, the Vis Fidelis:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!