We discuss what’s in Game Update 2.10.1, why we’re still waiting for details about that end-of-year expansion which it appears will be called Shadow(s) of Revan.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Billy-sai! Thanks to Sukaiberu for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- BioWare is investigating why many players appear to have lost their achievements from the Nar Shaddaa Casino event.
- Game Update 2.10.1 was deployed on Tuesday morning. It included the introduction of an achievement and title for conquering CZ-198, though for those who’ve earned them previously it may be some time before they are applied retroactively.
- An apparently unintended benefit of the patch is that companion archetype buffs appear to have been increased. However, the legacy reductions for the cooldowns of the Emergency Fleet Pass and Quick Travel were broken, though were quickly remedied by Game Update 2.10.1a that was deployed on Thursday morning.
- The Slot Machine: Smuggler’s Gambit decoration that was missing from the Constable’s Stronghold Pack will be made available for 1 credit from the Binary Star Realty vendor in Game Update 2.10.2.
- Bruce Maclean (Producer) let us know that the news about the end-of-year expansion that was supposed to come at the end of September has been delayed for at most two weeks. Eric Musco (Community Manager) elaborated on what had happened, and then went into further detail about the cause for the delay.
- It appears that BioWare have revealed that the name of the end-of-year expansion is either “Shadow of Revan” or “Shadows of Revan”, based upon this tweet:
Community legend Snave (he’s kind of a big deal) will be interviewing Eric Musco on his Twitch channel on Wednesday 15 October (7pm BST, 1pm CDT, Thu 5am AEDT). I believe this can be considered essential viewing.
5. Force Feedback
Both @Jumoraf and JB recommend that people check out this video showing various Star Wars locations created in MineCraft.
Here is Chaz Lobo after completing a 5km Kessel Fun Run. What a fantastic photo opportunity!
Brian Wells created this hand-crafted deco for the Despair guild’s flagship:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!