Game Update 2.1: Customization is here! We discuss our initial impressions, and Moff Chong joins the regular crew to give some Seeker Droid tips and tricks.
Chong has used the Appearance Designer Kiosk to alter his PvP Sniper into a most fierce feline:
2. Trivia Question
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Voyak!
- Game Update 2.1: Customization was deployed on Tuesday. Cory Butler provided an introduction in a developer blog, and there is the usual trailer (also on YouTube).
- There were a couple of glitches: a very long load time for some players, quickly resolved, and a crash to desktop for Windows XP users, fixed in the client-side only Patch 2.1.0a deployed on Wednesday.
- All subscribers will receive one complimentary Character Rename per account sometime soon.
- The somewhat odd price for species change (792 Cartel Coins) was explained by Eric Musco.
- To get an item to appear in your Collections interface, you’ll have to have equipped it at least once (so it’s bound to a character). You may also have to log into the character with the item.
- While the Dye Modules sold by the CE (Collector’s Edition) vendor are currently not bind-on-pickup, the ones sold in future will be.
Thanks to @TheTurg (Terg) for his most generous donation!
Kuze is still working on his instructional video on platforming. You can find his existing guides in Kuze’s Korner.
Dulfy’s SWTOR Dye Modules guide is well worth perusing!
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @madmar_sith (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @Jayconnell, @TheTurg (Terg), @EmpireDivider (Chong), @JediKrackr, @KairiahMedens (David), @ForceChuckle, @roguish98 (Matt Roberts), @ChazLobo, @rclemons77 (Brian Clemons), @grimrok (Grim), @joseph_foran, @HamSammich509, @IzaakTheMad, @mmartong (Markos Martong), @rocketman003 (Ki’el), @weihanthekidsun (Weihan Sun), @masterbearjedi (Raz), @therealHausman (Jacob), @GrahamMSellars, @RoughneckRoy, and an email from Green Armadillo, the author of the most excellent Player vs Developer blog.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Chong gives some expert advice on how best to utilise one’s Seeker Droid.
We also mention the known issue (and its workaround) for the final mission in the Macrobinocular chain.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio Paragon.