We go over the latest SWTOR news, including the first details to emerge about the upcoming Game Update 1.7 “Return of the Gree”. In our discussion, Redna takes us through the stats affecting damage and healing, including recommendations on how to best balance them on your characters.
How the Security Key app looks on Hyp’s new Samsung Galaxy Note II:
2. Trivia Question
Han Solo is famous for many things, not the least of which is his own name: Solo immediately points out to the audience that the character tends to be a loner, who will undergo an internal struggle before he might join the Rebellion.
But Solo is hardly the only example of names having something to do with the character. Name as many as you can, within the following guidelines:
- They should appear in at least one of the six movies; and
- This is for proper names of individuals only, not generic ones like Sand People or one-time insults like “fuzzball.”
The one with the most such named characters by next Wednesday will win a Taun Fawn code courtesy of BioWare.
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for a Tauntaun Fawn code, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Holofeed
- Game Update 1.6.2a was deployed during maintenance on Tuesday, which was scheduled to start 3 hours later than usual.
- BioWare published Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!, providing a preview of the next game update coming roughly between the end of January and mid-February. More details can be found on Game Update 1.7’s main page.
- They also published Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013, showing what was added (and what will soon be leaving) the Cartel Market.
- Joveth finally revealed how they’ll be solving the issue introduced with the Phantom and Spymaster gear.
- BioWare acknowledge that the server population problems afflicting the three Oceanic servers remain, and are soliciting feedback from the community for what should be done based on the current state of things.
- If you haven’t seen it already, Chong’s article A Plague of Hate is well worth reading!
4. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Voyak, @AHlaenxna (Vis), @vayne_verso, @MikeG_75, @ChazLobo, @tshapedvisor, @rbleamon, @bytorsnowdog, @Rrubb, @AspisVodox and @JediKrackr.
Here is the ship that @EmpireDivider (Chong) saw on Empire-side Balmorra:
There is a new instalment of Dimbo the Trooper available, well worth reading!
5. Sarlacc Digest
Redna led our discussion this week, in which we covered the stats affecting damage, specifically one’s primary stat (Strength, Willpower, Cunning or Aim), Critical Rating, Surge Rating, and Power. The following are the graphs that Redna talks to:
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio Paragon.