Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp and Cypher to discuss the latest SWTOR news, including the surprise super-server consolidation.
2. Question to the panel
Chill referred to Oni’s old guild, who proved to be Ootini Fight Club’s nemesis during the weekly Ranked Warzones Session, as “Paragon”; however, the guild is actually Covenant. Most worthy and honourable foes!
3. Trivia question
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Ben P!
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.3.8 was deployed during a short 2 hour maintenance on Thursday.
- After conducting High Population Server Tech Testing late last week, they announced on Monday that the Server Consolidationwould be happening during maintenance. Originally scheduled for 8 hours, it stretched to 12, but after that the deed was done: all the locked origin servers are gone, along with some of the previously-designated destination servers.
- For posterity, here is the final list of super-servers, along with the origin servers that wer merged to form them:
- The Shadowlands (east coast PvE) – The Shadowlands, Corellian Run, Giradda the Hutt, Mind Trick, Elysium, Thana Vesh, Colonel Tobin, Krayt Dragon, The Razor, Tarro Blood, Anturi Reach, Firaxan Shark, Sith Meditation Sphere, ICE Breaker, Crevasse City, Darth Bandon, Shadow Hand, Sith Wyrm, Dreshdae Cantina, Grand Master Zym
- Jedi Covenant (east coast PvE) – Jedi Covenant, Canderous Ordo, The Constant, Krayiss Obelisk, Kathol Rift, Whitebeam Run, Khoonda Militia, Ki-Ta Kren, Kaas City, Fort Garnik, Hanharr, Sedyn Kyne, Keetael, The Corsair, Nathema, Zez-Kai Ell, Shii-Cho, The Courageous, Assassins of Sion, Eidolon Security, Axial Park, Keller’s Void, Master Dorak, Juyo, The Defenestrator, Telos Restoration Project
- The Ebon Hawk (east coast RP-PvE) – The Ebon Hawk, Kath Hound, Rubat Crystal, Lord Adraas, Sanctum of the Exalted, Shien
- Prophecy of the Five (east coast PvP – Prophecy of the Five, The Fatman, Firkrann Crystal, The Twin Spears, Anchorhead, Darth Malak, Bondar Crystal, Iron Citadel, Infinity Gate, Saber of Exar Kun, Naddist Rebels, Hedarr Soongh, Davik’s Estate, Gardens of Talla , The Deadweight , Thendys Noori , Sword of Ajunta Pall, Terentatek, Vulkar Highway, Veela, Death Wind Corridor, Cho Mai, Port Nowhere, Kinrath Spider, Rwookrrorro , Belgoth’s Beacon, Helm of Graush
- Jung Ma (east coast RP-PvP) – Jung Ma, Ven Zallow, Ajunta Pall
- The Harbinger (west coast PvE) – The Harbinger, Drooga’s Pleasure Barge, Fa’athra, Veeboo Lunx, Master Gnost-Dural, Darth Xedrix, Gauntlet of Kressh, Zakkeg Beast, Perlemian Trade Route, Zaalbar, Empress Teta, Namadii Corridor, Kaiburr Crystal, Krath, Wall of Light, Vornskr, Soresu, Lord Praven, Master Zhar Lestin, Space Slug, Darth Sion, Hyperspace Cannon, Mask of Nihilus, The Jekk’Jekk Tarr
- Begeren Colony (west coast RP-PvE) – Begeren Colony, Lord Ieldis, Vrook Lamar
- The Bastion (west coast PvP) – The Bastion, The Crucible Pits, The Maw, Rakata Mind Prison, Nadd’s Sarcophagus, Infinite Empire, Daragon Trail, Warriors of the Shadow, Black Vulkars, Shadowtown, The Swiftsure, Dark Reaper, Wound in the Force, Mandalore the Indomitable
- T3-M4 (EU German PvE) – T3-M4, The Jedi Tower, Odacer-Faustin Academy, Lenico Gargantuan, Dreypa’s Oubliette, Stereb Cities, Force Harvester, Opila Crystal, Murakami Orchid, The Cinzia, Sith Triumvirate, Handmaidens of Atris, Supreme Commander Stantorrs, Darth Andeddu, Exar Kun
- The Red Eclipse (EU English PvE) – The Red Eclipse, Nightmare Lands, Dune Bantha, Goluud Corridor, Sluis Shipyards, Dxun Battle Circle, The Arkanian Legacy, Bacca’s Blade, Eye of Ashlanae, Bao-Dur, Flames of the Crucible, Luka Sene, Rogue Moon, Kellian Jarro, Peragus Mining Facility, Ludo Kressh, Hydian Way, Sith’ari, Hidden Beks, Frostclaw
- Mantle of the Force (EU French PvE) – Mantle of the Force, Kissai Caste, Vodo-Siosk Baas, Phateem Halls of Knowledge, Hssiss
- Vanjervalis Chain (EU German RP-PvE) – Vanjervalis Chain, Zayne Carrick, Cassus Fett
- The Progenitor (EU English RP-PvE) – The Progenitor, Shaltin Tunnels, Trask Ulgo
- Battle Meditation (EU French RP-PvE) – Battle Meditation, Kessel Run
- Jar’Kai Sword (EU German PvP) – Jar’Kai Sword, Brianna, Darth Traya, Exis Station, Gnawer’s Roost, Loramarr, The Restoration Zone, Blotus the Hutt, Pius Dea, The Krath Enchanter, Darth Revan’s Mask, Jen’jidai
- Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU English PvP) – Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Shadow Runner, Tott Doneeta, The Ravager, The Kumumgah, Hex Droid, Bloodworthy, Scepter of Ragnos, Ahto City, Basilisk Droid, Legions of Lettow, The Exile’s Crystal, Starstorm One, Tassaa Bareesh, Ula Vii, Senator Contispex, Niman, Kai-kan, Chuundar, Trayus Academy, Uthar Wynn, Lord Calypho
- Darth Nihilus (EU French PvP) – Darth Nihilus, Dol Grenn, Mecrosa Order, Atris, Princess Galia, Baron Deathmark, Hrakert Rift, Star Map, Huntmaster
- We now have 12 character slots per server. If you ended up with more than 12 characters via the merging process, all will remain playable (e.g., Teo has 27 on The Harbinger now). However, if you do have more than 12 characters, you will not be able to create a new character unless you free a slot by deleting down to less than 12.
- As part of the merging process, naming conflicts occurred for both player characters and guilds. In the case of guilds, their names were changed to have “@ <origin server>” appended; for players, name clashes were resolved by letting one character keep their name, and the others are forced to change before they can be played. BioWare elaborated on the logic used to determine how this was resolved.
- It seems that the three Australian servers missed out on being upgraded to the super-server technology, as evidenced by them not being upgraded to 12 character slots; this is being remedied.
- BioWare is conducting a monthly “LiveStream” event, a half-hour live broadcast to answer questions in real-time from players.
- We discuss Larry Everett’s Hyperspace Beacon: SWTOR’s Gabe Amatangelo on 1.4 and free-to-play article.
- The SWTOR client is getting a nice upgrade, as discussed in Developer Update: Shadow Optimizations in Game Update 1.4. Once it’s live, time to switch shadows back on!
- Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) explains why Explosive Conflict (and soon Terror From Beyond) won’t be in the Group Finder initially, though they are coming.
- Fansite SWTOR Face published their SWTOR Companion QnA with Lead System Designer, Damion Schubert.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @voyak, @ForceChuckle, @IzaakTheMad, @VodoxSWTOR, @Rabbi_Shekky, @rbleamon and @thehatfield, and a comment by masterjedi on episode 44.
Here is Cypher’s Lego Bowdarr. The resemblance to Chewbacca holding a lightsaber may not be coincidental!
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.