This week, Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp and Chong to go over what’s coming in Game Update 1.4, which has been deployed onto the PTS. We also discuss what we know about the Ancient Hypergates warzone, which was recently playable at GamesCom.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
This week’s question: John Williams uses themes to connect the threads of the stories he scores for. For who or what in the Star Wars universe is the theme that Chill whistles (19:13)? Also, at what point in the movies do we hear this theme when what is going on onscreen is seemingly unrelated to the theme’s topic?
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for a Tauntaun Fawn code, please send your answer to email@example.com.
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.3.7a was deployed during a shorter 3 hour scheduled maintenance on Tuesday.
- Game Update 1.4 is available for testing on the PTS! You can find out more at the SWTOR Test Center, which includes the latest release notes.
- Dulfy has a post comparing the current Campaign relics with the new Dread Lord relics, which will be available for 400 Daily Commendations in Game Update 1.4.
- In conjunction with Game Update 1.4 appearing on the PTS, the Developer Dispatch – Terror From Beyond video was released (also on YouTube).
- The fan favourite reward, based upon a Facebook poll, for current and previous subscribers as of 1 August 2012, who are still subscribed when free-to-play launches, is “The Party Jawa”.
- Players who purchases the Digital Deluxe Edition will receive an additional 250 Cartel Coins.
- In an interview with the French MMO site Mondes Persistants.com, Gabe Amatangelo revealed that BioWare is working on a SWTOR version of the WoW armory, allowing character information to be viewed via the web.
- SWTOR Life also interviewed Gabe Amatangelo, discussing the new warzone, Ancient Hypergates, and other PvP-related topics.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @voyak, @ForceChuckle, @EmpireDivider (Chong), @Dimbo56, @IzaakTheMad, @SithLordKorv and @grimrok.
Jason B requests that OotiniCast be added to the Zune Marketplace: now done!
Grim tells us about some particularly difficult class missions (at least for one of the ACs), and wonders whether we’ve encountered similar problems.
Rei’lar (Gary Foster) wants to start a second raid group within Ootini Knights. They plan to run 7-10pm Tuesdays PDT. If you are interested in joining his group (tentatively called “Rei’lar’s Roughnecks”), please contact Rei’lar in-game or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.