Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp and Oni to go over the latest news. We also discuss how easy (or hard!) it is to gear up a new 50 to catch up with an established raid group.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
This week’s challenge: Some of the best LucasArts films, other than the Star Wars movies, are the three Indiana Jones movies (yes, there are only three). What you may not know is that each of the three movies has a Star Wars reference hidden somewhere in it. Name two out of three.
If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize (this week not limited to characters on the Space Slug server), please send your answer to email@example.com.
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.2.3 was deployed during Tuesday’s maintenance.
- Episode 1 of the official SWTOR podcast has been released, which includes details about the upcoming patch 1.3.
- SWTOR was discussed in EA’s Q4 FY12 financial results investor call.
- To celebrate the unofficial Star Wars Day (“May the Forth be with you!”), BioWare brought back Fan Friday.
- BioWare warns that using game codes purchased from dodgy sites (which apparently are buying those codes using stolen credit cards) will result the account being banned, due to such codes now being used primarily by credit farmers.
- We discuss the community Q&A published on 4 May.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @weihanthekidsun (Weihan Sun), @ozgamersleague, @cypher_x, @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @shotgun_burger, @Freakin_Ninja (Oni), @D_Willoughby (DeWayne Willoughby) and @OriginalBioZed.
Lesman emails in to ask whether we believe SWTOR will eventually switch to a free-to-play business model.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
Chill is already one of our raid group’s regular tanks on his Vanguard, but is thinking he’d prefer to tank on a Jedi Shadow, which he’d just levelled to 50. He talks about his own experience in getting the Shadow raid-ready, with suggestions on how to do this quickly and efficiently.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.