Chill and Teo are joined once again by Hyp and Oni to discuss the news, again focusing on Game Update 1.2 which is drawing ever closer. We also look in depth at what the Guild Bank will offer, and discuss some of its limitations.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: We’ve already mentioned in a previous trivia question that Return of the Jedi’s shooting title was “Blue Harvest” and why. But another fact about Jedi’s title was that it was originally going to be “Revenge of the Jedi.” But the producers changed the name for two reasons. One was that revenge didn’t feel very “Jedi-like.” What is the other, Star Trek-related reason for the name change?
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to email@example.com
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.5e was deployed during Tuesday’s maintenance.
- BioWare released the video “A Quick Look at UI Customization” (also on YouTube), presented by Michael Voigt, Lead Interface Artist.
- The eight videos taken of the panels during the recent Guild Summit have now been released on YouTube.
- A trailer for Novare Coast, the new warzone coming in Game Update 1.2, has been released (also on YouTube).
- A delegation from BioWare is currently at PAX East in Boston, which is being ably covered by DarthHater for SWTOR-related events. It seems that one reveal (apparently unintentionally!) was that Game Update 1.2 will probably be deployed on Tuesday 17 April.
- Yet another Weekend Pass Free Trial (the third so far) is currently under way, running April 5-9.
- BioWare made a worthy contribution to the April Fool’s Day efforts this year, with their Live the Ship Droid Experience article, which includes five short videos. Stephen Reid had to step in to confirm that it was indeed a joke.
- We discuss the community Q&A published on 30 Mar, which focuses on Game Update 1.2.
- Gabe Amatangelo provides plenty of detail in his article PvP in Game Update 1.2.
- James Ohlen has been soliciting feedback on the official forums. Last week’s poll asked “What kind of Open World PvP excites you most?”. This week, he asks “Which Star Wars fantasy excites you most?” The choices are full 3D space battles, vehicle combat (AT-ATs), pod/speeder racing or capital ship battles.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @OriginalBioZed (BioZed), @shotgun_burger, @Jimothyk and @Rippthedeceiver.
- Hatfield emails in to let us know how he’s going with his Jedi Shadow.
- Snowy has compiled a list of the top 5 features he’d like to see added to the game, and sent them to us to discuss!
6. The Sarlacc Digest
We give an overview of the guild bank that is available in Game Update 1.2, based on our own experiences on the PTS, Larry Everett’s Hyperspace Beacon: Breaking the bank and Dulfy’s Guild Bank and Vehicle Achievements in 1.2.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.