Game Update 3.3: Grand Togruta Celebration is here! Our guest Alex also gives his firsthand impressions of SDCC and the Community Cantina. Finally, we continue to discuss BioWare’s strategy of story-story-story.
(Producer’s note: We apologise for the sound quality of Alex’s track. He was recording in a new house and its acoustics were, shall we say, sub-optimal! Audio clean-up can only do so much.)
Alex brought back much loot from his SDCC adventure:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Jaggedfel! Thanks to Dekion for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 3.3: Grand Togruta Celebration (patch notes, welcome blog) was deployed on Wednesday, after delaying a day to resolve some final issues.
- The Yavin 4 Stronghold is now available for purchase. It will cost either 2.5M credits or 2,500 Cartel Coins. Note that some issues have already been found.
- The thresholds for achieving the various medals have been adjusted for arenas, though it appears that may also have affected 8v8 warzones.
- The XP and credits should have been doubled for doing regular warzones, though it seems that there is no change to credits.
- See this thread for the official list of known issues in Game Update 3.3.
- The “predacious” rewards for the three tiers and top 96 in Ranked PvP Season 6, along with the cost of the items on the Season 6 vendor, have been announced. All the rewards (except for those in the top 96) will be bound to Legacy.
- There are no unique rewards for group Ranked PvP; the same rewards are available for both solo and group. This is to avoid players feeling they are obligated to do group.
- The Bounty Holding Cell decoration’s ray shield only activates for 30 seconds when the deco is interacted with. BioWare are considering changing it so that the ray shield is on by default.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patron, Kat Ybarra!
If you’re on The Harbinger, see this thread on our forums for details of Sukai’s operations runs.
This article describes how a wearable model of Sith Lord Kallig’s helmet was created.
Patchwork has revealed the solution to the Kaas Stronghold Mystery!
5. Force Feedback
Chinn’ook and Darksplat both let us know that an updated Knights of the Old Republic II (KOTOR2) is available on Steam.
Here’s Darklighter showing that standing up is the only way to fly a swoop!
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!