This week we talk about the Q&A from the Community Cantina in Boulder, the PvP Q&A, and more. Then Chill interviews Kana’ba, #1 Guardian on the Ranked PvP leaderboard.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, David!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The PTS is closing this coming Monday (31 March) at 10am CDT (4pm BST, 2am AEDT) ahead of the deployment of Game Update 2.7 on Tuesday 8 April.
- Friend of the show Jason Connell (@Jayconnell) attended the Community Cantina held last Saturday (22 March) in Boulder, Colorado. He wrote up his experiences, which we posted here. Based on the question about new planets coming to SWTOR, I started a thread in the SWTOR sub-Reddit, which garnered some most interesting replies.
- The second round of answers in the resumed Class Representative program have arrived, this time for Powertechs/Vanguards.
- Jason Attard clarified what increasing power to a particular pool (weapons, shields or engines) in Galactic Starfighter actually does, how power pool regeneration works (there are two separate regeneration rates) and the effect of range on accuracy and damage.
- Eric Musco (Community Manager) has published a series of answers to commonly-asked questions about PvP, with the intention of being transparent about their current plans and thinking. He reiterated that things may change in the medium- to long-term, but for now this is how things are.
See this thread on our forums for more about the Community Cantina in Las Vegas happening in November, which will coincide with our first recording of OotiniCast where all the hosts will (hopefully!) be in the same room.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @TheMalgadar, @ForceChuckle, Oxi-jin, Graham (Awesome) Sellars, Dan Kalagian, @fnord3125, @DarthKenji, @O_JohnnyBravo_O, @joseph_foran, @JediKal, @FerrousTerran, @Adam_Schumpert, Chaz Lobo (@Strongshocker), Grim, @ThePummeler, Sarah (@Ethuiliel), Megan (@StoleTarts), Moff Chong (@EmpireDivider) and Carnz.
The post containing the set bonuses for all PvE and PvP armor sets can be found here.
Here are either the “Ootini Smugglers” or “Chongie’s Angels”:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher.