In the news we cover Game Update 4.0.4, the now-solved GTN search issue, the sudden impending unavailability of the new BSG packs, and much more. We also revisit Kimi’s email from last week, with followup from Kuze, Blachloch and Sir Salisbury, and an enlightening explanation from Chill.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, the Duke of Etiquette! Thanks to Indy-Solo and Uwen for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- As announced last week, Game Update 4.0.4 contained mainly the fix that would allow events to once again work properly. It was intended to be a small patch, with the upcoming Game Update 4.1 (coming on 9 February) being “considerably larger”.
- With the help of the community, BioWare have solved the GTN search issue.
- BSG (Bronze, Silver and Gold) packs have returned for this week only, and will once again disappear on 19 January. Their limited availability is part of the “evolving nature” of how BioWare is changing the Cartel Market.
- The subscriber reward for February, an HK-themed jetpack, has been added to the Fallen Empire rewards page. In response to a poll put to our audience on Twitter, it seems that 3/4 players believe that SWTOR will eventually sell the Nico Okarr and HK-55 companions on the Cartel Market, even though they were originally exclusive rewards.
- While some aspects of the companion romance system are not working and will be fixed in Game Update 4.1, some issues being reported are working as intended.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now the top-grossing movie ever in North America.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patrons: Char Ell and Eric Z! Thanks also to both for their very generous donations!
To find out more about the BFC (Bad Feeling Cartel), see this Reddit post.
Our guildmate Djredd is organising a series of Ootini Events for February.
Saturday February 6th, 2016
The Ootini Hunt – This will be a scavenger hunt to acquire certain items from across the galaxy and the first one to return will be rewarded with 1,000,000 credits. This will be a Lvl 60+ event because you might be sent to planets that were featured up to SoR. Obvious requirements will be having a ship to traverse the galaxy and to have a minimum of about 20,000 creds (subject to change) for the purchase of items required for the hunt and for space travel.
Tuesday February 9th to Sunday February 14th, 2016
The Ootini Conquest – This will be a full on race to get the most conquest points during this conquest week. This will be by character only and not over legacy. The person with the highest conquest points for that week will take home 1,000,000 creds. The planet with the most variety of things to do will be chosen during this week.
Saturday February 20th, 2016
The Ootini Race! – This will be an event that will consist of two pod races that will take place on two pre-selected planets. Each winner will receive 500,000 credits. Requirements are that you MUST own a pod racer mount and you must be over Lvl 45+ (because Belsavis MIGHT be one of the locations). Having all of the planet maps explored will be a bonus to taking part in this event but it is not a requirement.
Saturday February 27th, 2016
The Ootini Cron – This will be a platforming challenge to reach two datacrons on pre-selected planets. Each winner will receive 500,000 credits. Requirements will be Lvl 55+ and mad platforming skills. 🙂
These events will be Ootini Knights only and if there is an overwhelming response to the events then I will run them on Ootini Rage in March 2016. The Saturday events will take place at 8pm EST but participants are asked to log in and form up in the raid group before 7:45pm for debriefings on each night. This event is limited to the size of the raid group, so the first 23 people to show up will be able to participate. (I will be the 24th person as I need to see where everyone is at all times). All of the details will be given out on the night of the events including objectives and rules. Mumble will also be a plus for communication between me and the participants but it is not a requirement. I estimate that these events will last approximately one to two hours.
5. Force Feedback
Here is Spencer Morgan’s very late entry to the SWTOR meme contest:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!