We wade deep into the sudden deluge of Knights of the Fallen Empire information, this week going in depth on the Cartel Market changes and what’s happening with Crafting.
Here’s Chill’s Walker deco, which he obtained with fellow Ootini Ragers from the world boss on Yavin 4:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, GasGuy! Thanks to Knite, Leon, Teadra and OryansBelt for entering.
You can purchase the Knights of the Fallen Empire Starter Pack from Amazon via our Amazon referral link.
Here are the details from Teadra about how to copy your chat channel settings to another character:
If you go into your settings folder which is located under app data like follows:
(You might have to change your folder view options to show hidden files and folders, and this is where it is located for windows 7/windows 10 for me, it might be a different drive or location for others)
All you have to do is find the GUIState Configuration file for a toon that currently has the chat tabs that you prefer, you open that file and copy the ChatChannel line. Open the GUIState configuration settings file for the toon you want the chat channels on, and simply paste the line you copied over that entire line, and save.
You cannot be logged into the game when you do this, as it will overwrite your settings files back to what they currently are. So you will either have to do it before loading the game, or after you have exited the game entirely.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- During a short maintenance on Monday, the Launcher was given a significant face lift, its first since before SWTOR’s launch.
- The issue with Conquest rewards not being awarded remains. As of Game Update 4.0 (being deployed on 20 October), Conquests will be switched off for at least a month as BioWare attempts to remedy the problem.
- Companion achievements have undergone a significant revamp in Game Update 4.0.
- Dan Bunten (Producer) describes what’s changing in the Cartel Market in Game Update 4.0, which was subsequently clarified in this post. Note that the change to reputation vendors described has been reverted due to player feedback.
- Ahmad Zabarah (Senior Designer) talks about what’s changing in Crafting, with clarifications provided via Community Team member Nick Avola (who emerged briefly from the shadows).
5. Force Feedback
Another attempt at Star Wars humour spotted by Chill, courtesy of Last Destrus:
Alex wonders just what’s going on with Treek:
It seems the mystics of Voss have started exporting bottled water:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!