In this week’s news-focused show, we go over the final details for Game Update 3.1, the publication of Bruce Maclean’s roadmap for 2015, a teaser for the Season 4 rewards, and the cancellation of Shadow Realms.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Paul! Thanks to Nightmare, Pluto and x2oh6 for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-R3 droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The deployment of Game Update 3.1 was delayed from the usual Tuesday to Thursday to fix some issues that would have needed a subsequent emergency patch.
- It includes the Apprentice’s Shadow Pack. The rarities of some items, while correct in terms of actual drop rate, are incorrect in the Collections UI. Also, the Yavin Combat Arena and Revanite Zealot decorations can be found in this pack, rather than the Pilgrim’s Pack as indicated by the Decoration UI.
- The Sniper’s Laze Target ability remains bugged, and will not be fixed before Game Update 3.1.1 at the earliest.
- Bruce Maclean’s Producer’s Road Map 2015, which was read aloud at the Community Cantina held at PAX South, has been published. While it refers to a Spring release for Game Update 3.2, Eric Musco (Community Manager) confirms that 28 April remains their target, though is (of course!) subject to change. Eric also provided some further clarifications to Bruce’s letter.
- Alex Modny has published a teaser for the rewards for Ranked PvP Season 4, which will include the Swashbuckler’s Weapon Set. He subsequently mentioned that the weapons would be provided in a BoP lockbox, though the weapons would be bind-to-legacy. The models used for the weapons were confirmed to be unique to the Season 4 rewards.
- The location and time for the Community Cantina being held in conjunction with PAX East have been published.
- Courtney Woods from the community team demonstrates that she’s also a great writer in The Price of Power.
- BioWare Austin’s Shadow Realms, a new 4v1 game, has been cancelled.
Our guide to the set bonuses available for all Advanced Classes has been updated for Game Update 3.0.
5. Force Feedback
Thanks to Chong, Ootini Rage’s flagship The Star Crawler has a new tank!
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!